Data Engineer - Big Data/Platform
Bangalore, India /
Payments India - Data Science /
PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
Role: Data Engineer – Big Data/Platform
PayU is the payments and fintech business of Prosus, a global consumer internet group and one of the largest technology investors in the world. Operating and investing globally in markets with long-term growth potential, Prosus builds leading consumer internet companies that empower people and enrich communities.
The leading online payment service provider in 36 countries, PayU is dedicated to creating a fast, simple and efficient payment process for merchants and buyers. Focused on empowering people through financial services and creating a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper, PayU is one of the biggest investors in the fintech space globally, with investments totalling $700 million- to date. PayU also specializes in credit products and services for emerging markets across the globe. We are dedicated to removing risks to merchants, allowing consumers to use credit in ways that suit them and enabling a greater number of global citizens to access credit services.
Our local operations in Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa and South East Asia enable us to combine the expertise of high growth companies with our own unique local knowledge and technology to ensure that our customers have access to the best financial services.
India is the biggest market for PayU globally and the company has already invested $400 million in this region in last 4 years. PayU in its next phase of growth is developing a full regional fintech ecosystem providing multiple digital financial services in one integrated experience. We are going to do this through 3 mechanisms: build, co-build/partner; select strategic investments.
PayU supports over 350,000+ merchants and millions of consumers making payments online with over 250 payment methods and 1,800+ payment specialists. The markets in which PayU operates represent a potential consumer base of nearly 2.3 billion people and a huge growth potential for merchants.
· Building, maintaining, and monitoring sustainable infrastructure with a focus on developing and maintaining high-volume, low-latency data platforms using latest opensource frameworks, highly available RESTful services, and back-end Cloud based/open source systems
· Execute day to day operation of the data platform to ensure top-notch performance of data platform systems for customer-facing applications
· Work on features to make the data Platform more robust and resilient
· Drive automation of application deployment for production environments
· Identify and support areas for process and efficiency improvement within platform operations
· Taking ownership of your projects, and have the work in small cross functional teams to drive projects to closure
Requirements to be successful in this role:
· BE/B-Tech/BS/Meng/MSc in computer science or a related technical field from top-tier colleges or equivalent practical experience
· 2-3+ years of experience working on platform infrastructure based on Cloud and open-source systems and automation.
· Very Fluent in at least one programming language (Python/Java/C++ preferred)
· Strong database skills on MySQL, Postgres or Oracle.
· Experienced in NoSQL databases (experience with MongoDB is a plus)’
· Experienced in API integrations with third party APIs (Django/Flask/Falcon/web2py, etc)
· Hands-on experience with 3 or more of the following technologies:
o Microservices with Springboot/Spring
o Cloud Computing (Any of AWS/Azure/GCP)
o Monitoring/Logging frameworks (ELK, Grafana)
o Scalable Compute solutions (Kafka, Snowflake)
o Workflow management libraries and tools (Airflow/AWS Step Function)
o Container orchestration systems like Kubernetes
o Code-as-Infrastructure/Pipeline-as-Code (Terraform/Chef/Ansible/Jenkins)
· Ability to learn and work with emerging technologies, and solutions in Cloud/Open Source frameworks
· Cares deeply about good engineering practices including testing, code hygiene and development tooling
· Highly collaborative with a strong belief in continuous improvement.
· Ability to stay focused and calm in a fast-paced environment.
Good to Have:
· Understanding and functional experience in Big Data Engineering practices: Data Warehousing, ingestion pipelines, ELT, data migration, QC
· Functional knowledge of machine learning tool & techniques
· Familiarity with payment gateways and wallets desirable.
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.