Head Of Engineering (Zooz, PayU Israel)
Tel Aviv, Israel /
GPO EMEA - Engineering /
PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
About the Role
We are looking for a brilliant Head of Engineering to join and lead our amazing engineering team in Israel and work on the company's core products. You will take the lead in designing and building our cloud-based solutions. You will face challenges of performance, scalability, and availability all of them in a cloud-based environment with the newest tools and services. This is a truly unique engineering position putting you in charge of every aspect of the system and the development life-cycle in addition to managing a brilliant group of engineers and managers.
What you’ll do
- Lead the entire engineering team in Israel (including managing managers) in a dynamic and global environment (40-50 people, in multi-disciplinary domains; BE, FE, DevOps, SRE).
- Leading the strategy, planning, and execution of the technology roadmap.
- Design our future group structure and way of work.
- Defining, evolving, and implementing PayU’s Architectural Principles Face challenges of scale and mature our system and engineering organization.
- Work closely with PayU stakeholders such as product, support, and data teams.
- Be a true partner to the global engineering management team and help shape and design the engineering organization of the company.
- Own end-to-end our main platform, from the birth of a design to production monitoring and maintenance.
- Build cutting edge solutions for high scale in the payments landscape.
- Mentor engineering managers, tech leads, and engineers to continuously grow and become better engineers.
- Promoting a positive work environment; recruiting and training new team members; continuously providing feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members
- Will take a major role in designing and building important products for the company.
- Build a 100% cloud-native containerized distributed system for 99.999% availability.
You may fit this role if you…
- A great leader who is also a team player.
- Have extensive managerial experience in mentor leaders and engineers.
- Have experience in leading and scaling large engineering organizations in a global environment.
- Would like to take an important role in designing our engineering organization and systems.
- Design and work with distributed system concepts like parallel processing, consistency, replication, and scalability.
- Love to explore new technologies to find the best solution for complex problems.
- Extensive experience with SaaS platforms and CI/CD methodologies.
- A creative thinker, passionate about problem-solving.
What we offer
- Career progression program
- Wellbeing programs
- Flexible program and hybrid way of working
- Free subscription to an Internal Elearning platform with courses from Udemy, Coursera, and many others
- Truly International Environment with almost 40 different cultures
- An inclusive environment that listens to a diverse range of voices when making decisions.
- A positive, get-things-done workplace
- A dynamic, constantly evolving space (change is par for the course – important you are comfortable with this)
- Ability to learn cutting edge concepts and innovation in an agile start-up environment on a global scale
- A democratic work environment where you can drive your outcomes
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.