RDP - Golang Software Engineer
Singapore, Singapore /
Red Dot Payment /
PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
Be part of the Technology team that designs and develop software applications & solutions in the payment industry. At the heart of our software development process is the desire to make payments more simple and secure, whilst ensuring flexibility to meet any business payment acceptance requirements.
The developer is responsible for developing and enhancing our payment gateway's features and value added tools. This is a complex payment gateway system and has many features that our customers leverage every day to run their businesses. We are looking for candidates who are not afraid to dig into the system and become productive quickly. Constructive feedback, improvements and suggestions are always valued and welcomed.
Technical skills and knowledge required:
● Proficient in Go language (Golang)
● Design and write data pipelines implemented using CircleCI
● Work with engineering team to explore and create new design / architectures geared towards scale and performance
● Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
● Engage in service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, tuning and optimization
● Collaborate with product and experience teams to define and prototype feature specifications
● Work closely with infrastructure team in building and scaling back-end services as well as performing root cause analysis investigations
- A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with running large scale web services; understanding of systems internals and networking are a plus
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities with proven design skills, able to think critically of the current system in terms of growth and stability
Red Dot Payment is a payment gateway/solutions company founded in Singapore, with footprints in various countries such as Indonesia, Thailand, Australia and more to come. We are a part of PayU - a leading financial services provider in global growth markets, with operations in Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa.
Our mission is to provide solutions to our clients' online payment needs. Designing a Payment technology system around a solid understanding of our clients' specific business process is one of our core competencies. We believe that the people in our team is the core of the Company. Join us in our exciting journey as we expand and grow our business.
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.