Software Engineer - Backend
Gurgaon, India /
Payments India - Engineering /
PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be working on the brand new credit product that is strategic to PayU’s fintech story. We are just getting started on the product and have a few marquee early customers trying it out. You will be getting in on the ground floor of what we hope to make a massiveproduct line with wide business cases.You will be working on Java related tech (Spring/Hibernate) and all aspects of product development. We love people who bring in a ton of grit and passion to the team. We work on cloud technologies and are always looking to improve our business and engineering efficiency. There is tons of headroom to grow and the team is just getting the feet planted.
· Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
· Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
· Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
· Ensure high scalability and performance
· Ability to deliver great results in an agile development
What you’d need to bring to the table:
· Experience : 1-3 years
· Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis.
· Good knowledge of Java, Spring MVC, Hibernate, and Object-oriented design and development.
· Experience in any of the open source RDBMS (like MySql).
· Experience in NoSql databases is a plus (for eg. Mongodb, Aerospike).
· Experience on redis or memcached, and message brokers (RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka).
· Experience in building large scale distributed system.
· Solid coding practices including unit testing.
So what do we offer?
· A Competitive salary, including benefits
· Modern offices with individual working spaces
· Exceptional projects
· Awesome teams that love finding ways of making things better, faster, stronger
· Interesting growth prospects
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.