Senior Business Analyst
Gurgaon, India /
Payments India - Data Science /
PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
About the Role:
As a Business Analyst you would be responsible to solve complex business problems
leveraging data science, primarily focusing on understanding data solutions for business
problems, improve customer experience, increase operational efficiency, and reduce
What you’ll be doing:
● Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build models utilizing the data at hand.
● Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain,
and improve on multiple decision systems.
● Utilize patterns and variations in the volume, speed and other characteristics of
data for predictive analysis.
● Define the preprocessing or feature engineering to be done on a given dataset,
training models and tuning their hyper-parameters, analyzing the errors of the
model and designing strategies to overcome them
● Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning
● Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its
● A lot of Business Intelligence using Data Visualization and SQL, to derive insights
and help different teams to go in a particular direction using the insights drawn
through the data.
● Perform a lot of automations using Python on the reporting side.
What are we looking for?
● Bachelors in mathematics, statistics or computer science or a related field is must;
● 3+ years of relevant quantitative and qualitative analytics experience.
● Knowledge of statistical techniques.
● Preference for tier 1 colleges and/or work experience in firms with strong analytics
● Ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by
leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
● Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive
analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
● Proficient in machine learning (regressions, Clustering, boosting, random forest)
● Strong programming & Modelling skills in R or Python, query languages such as
● Knowledge of BI tool like Tableau or Power BI is a plus.
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.