Global AML/Sanctions Expert
Amsterdam, Netherlands /
Corporate - Legal /
PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
The main function of the Global AML/Sanctions Expert is to safeguard PayU for non-compliance with Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT), Sanctions laws, regulations and (internal and industry) policies and standards and protect the company from being used for unlawful activities. The Global AML/Sanctions Expert provides in-depth knowledge on AML/CFT and Sanctions to and stays abreast of all applicable regulatory regimes and other industry requirements that may impact PayU.
The Global AML/Sanctions Expert drives the implementation of the global AML/CFT and Sanctions Policy and will help to further enhance the minimum control framework required based on regulatory requirements, as well as providing expert advice related to, transactions and clients.
The Global AML/Sanctions Expert will report directly to the PayU Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer. The PayU Compliance department, which consists of compliance officers located in all main locations of PayU (a.o. The Netherlands (head office), India, Poland, Turkey, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina) who are tasked with mitigating PayU’s regulatory & compliance risks and raising awareness of regulatory & compliance obligations.
The primary purposes of the PayU Compliance Department are the following:
- Managing the global compliance program and function directly and through local leaders;
- Performing the global Ethics Officer role
- Embedding compliance with laws, regulations, business principles, rules of conduct and established good business practices in every aspect of the organization (e.g. governance, strategy, people, processes, policies, culture, communication);
- Establishing and maintaining effective compliance risk management and control systems, including AML/CTF and Sanctions monitoring and reporting;
- Providing timely advice to the organization on relevant changes in the compliance and regulatory environment;
- Embedding and promoting integrity within the organization and with its employees.
- Maintaining the Global AML/CFT and Sanctions Policy by rolling out the program through local leaders, being main contact on ethics and dealing with global speak up cases
- Perform the annual update of the global policies and align with local teams for updates on the local procedures
- Making sure the regions operate in compliance with global policies and procedures by maintaining a close relationship and monitoring activities
- Supporting the regional team on closing the gaps identified in AML/CFT and Sanctions related action plans
- Maintaining the Global Compliance Sharepoint and Workplace site for AML/CFT and Sanctions
- Keep track of regulatory and industry AML/CTF and Sanctions standards and requirements;
- Actively support stakeholders like risk operations, sales, payment partnerships, product and global compliance colleagues;
- Train and guide PayU colleagues on AML, CFT and Sanctions matters.
- University degree (preferably law or economics)
- At least 7-10 years of experience in a similar role in a (global) business environment in the financial services industry
- A completed certified Compliance Professional/Officer education is and/or a certification course in the field of sanctions from a renowned international organization (such as ACAMS or ACSS) is a plus
- Strong knowledge of global (supervision) laws around AML, CFT and Sanctions (OFAC and EU rules, FATF recommendations etc).
- Risk management experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the payment or financial services industries is a strong plus
- Project management skills are a plus
- Team Player
- Strong sparring partner
- Complex problem solving
- Knowledge (training) sharing skills
- Energetic & Positive attitude
- Go getter instinct
- Power of persuasion – Strong stakeholder management skills (internal & external)
- Ability to handle stressful situations and manage competing priorities
- Analytical skills and consistent attention to details / accuracy
- Pro-active and results-oriented
- Reliable and flexible, willing to go the extra mile to get a job done, highly motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
So what do we offer?
- A competitive salary, including benefits
- Modern offices with individual working spaces
- Hybrid working model
- Exceptional projects
- Awesome teams that love finding ways of making things better, faster, stronger
- Interesting growth prospects
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.