Senior Frontend Engineer
Tel Aviv, Israel /
GPO EMEA - Engineering /
PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
About the Role
We are looking for a brilliant experienced Senior Frontend Engineer with a strong passion for web technologies to join the team. You will take the lead on the design and development of PayU’s frontend efforts. As a part of the team, you will take part in designing and building our cloud-based solutions. You will face challenges of performance, scalability, and availability all of them in a cloud-based environment with the newest tools and services. This is a truly unique Engineer position putting you in charge of every aspect of the system and the development life-cycle.
Excited yet? Continue reading to find out More about the role: What you’ll do
- Lead an extreme agile team in a dynamic environment.
- Build effective systems for working in a complex payment landscape.
- Infrastructure design, Frontend planning and development.
- Mentor other developers, provide guidance and set coding best practices and be accountable for major architecture decisions from design to production.
- 100% Cloud-based development on top of AWS & distributed data center.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with web frontend development.
- Solid experience with React, its design decisions, and different state management paradigms.
- Deep knowledge of JS and its internals (including current and future ES specs).Experience using TypeScript in production environments
- .Working experience with building tools such as Webpack, Babel, and other tools in a modern web toolchain.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines - a plus.
- Web security knowledge - a plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
- The ability to work independently in a dynamic work environment.
- Passion about new technologies and extremely passionate about innovation and cutting-edge technologies.
- Leadership skills as well as being a great team player with good communication skills.
- A creative thinker, passionate about problem-solving.
What we offer:
- Career progression program
- Wellbeing programs
- Flexible program and hybrid way of working
- Free subscription to an Internal Elearning platform with courses from Udemy, Coursera, and many others
- Truly International Environment with almost 40 different cultures
- An inclusive environment that listens to a diverse range of voices when making decisions.
- A positive, get-things-done workplace
- A dynamic, constantly evolving space (change is par for the course – important you are comfortable with this)
- Ability to learn cutting edge concepts and innovation in an agile start-up environment with a global scale
- A democratic work environment where you can drive your outcomes
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.