Merchant Monitoring Senior Analyst (AML)
Bogota, Colombia /
GPO LATAM - Operations /
PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
Be part of our PayU team, we are looking for our next Merchant Monitoring Senior Analyst.
What you will do
· Analyzing real time and post event alerts and investigating customers/transactions
· Conducting alert investigation in accordance with global policies, local procedures and tools aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements. As a result of the investigation, report unusual merchant activities that might be related to sanctioned individuals, money laundering or terrorist financing.
· Conducting searches, gathering data and recording evidence from internal systems, the internet, commercial databases and enquiry with Sales or Compliance contacts within the organization.
· Conducting rules-based monitoring on merchant transactions and investigating and escalating as appropriate.
· Accumulating facts from investigations that will be utilized for Senior Management presentations, Compliance, Internal Audit or any other related stakeholder to determine the compliance of a merchant/transaction with PayU and regulation policies.
· Do tickets on internal tools related with post onboarding processes.
· Post validate transactions when an investigation is been conducted.
· Ensure that all alert analysis and investigations are performed within timeframe provided in the policy and stipulated in the SLA’s with the countries.
· Monitoring adherence to PayU’s Global Policy and relevant procedures; staying current on key Sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends.
· Making recommendations to the design and maintenance of a comprehensive written Operations Sanctions Framework (procedures and policies).
· Ensure adherence to procedures and processes, to ensure compliance with policies ensuring that front line units meet required standards
· Supporting efforts to remediate findings resulting from Internal and External Audit examinations.
· Ensure that all assigned task items are completed on a timely basis.
· Be a key member of the AML Team, demonstrating self-drive in learning all processes within the team.
· Provide training and assistance to junior colleagues.
What you’ll need to succeed
· Bachelor’s/Universitydegree; experience in Financial Crime Compliance and transaction monitoring alert handling in banks, financial services firm, or a combination thereof.
· 3 years of banking or financial institutions experience
· Knowledge of AML, and Sanctions regulations, risks and typologies (must)
· Intermediate English level (must)
· Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Knowledge in Business Intelligence software (Power BI, Tableau) is a plus
· Excellent analytical and problem solving techniques
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
If your profile fits the description, don't wait to apply!
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.