Tech Lead Backend Engineer
Tel Aviv, Israel /
GPO EMEA - Engineering /
PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
About the Role
We are looking for a brilliant TL Backend Engineer to join our amazing engineering team and work on the company's core system. You will take the lead in designing and building our cloud-based solutions. You will face challenges of performance, scalability, and availability all of them in a cloud-based environment with the newest tools and services. This is a truly unique Engineer position putting you in charge of every aspect of the system and the development life-cycle.
Excited yet? Continue reading to find out More about the role: What you’ll do
- Lead an extremely talented team of engineers in a dynamic environment.
- Build effective systems for working in a complex payment landscape.
- Infrastructure design, Server side planning, and development at High load & Scale over a distributed environment (K8S).
- Mentor other engineers to provide guidance and set coding best practices.
- 100% Cloud-based development on top of AWS & distributed data center.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years experience in one of the programming languages Java, Scala, Go, or Node.JS.
- Passionate about building restful APIs with the latest technologies.
- Experience with NoSQL database (Cassandra).Familiarity with distributed system concepts like parallel processing, consistency, replication, and scalability.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
- A team player with great communication skills.
- Knowledge of the container world and distributed data centers.A creative thinker, passionate about problem-solving.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently in a dynamic work environment.
- Excited about new technologies and extremely passionate about innovation and cutting edge technologies.
- Passion for 99.999% uptime systems.
- Keen to share knowledge and meteor other engineers.
- A leader approach.
What we offer
- Career progression program
- Wellbeing programs
- Flexible program and hybrid way of working
- Free subscription to an Internal Elearning platform with courses from Udemy, Coursera, and many others
- ruly International Environment with almost 40 different cultures
- An inclusive environment that listens to a diverse range of voices when making decisions.
- A positive, get-things-done workplace
- A dynamic, constantly evolving space (change is par for the course – important you are comfortable with this)
- Ability to learn cutting edge concepts and innovation in an agile start-up environment with a global scale
- A democratic work environment where you can drive your outcomes
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.