Big Data Analyst
Bangalore, India /
Payments India - Data Science /
PayU, a leading payment and Fintech company in 50+ high-growth markets throughout Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, part of Prosus group, one of the largest technology investors in the world is redefining the way people buy and sell online for our 300.000+ merchants and millions of consumers.
As a leading online payment service provider, we deploy more than 400 payment methods and PCI-certified platforms to process approximately 6 million payments every single day.
Title: Big Data Analyst
Our data team develops machine learning technologies and data platforms to improve payment and credit products based on hundreds of millions of transactions in India. This role is with the PayU India Payments team, with specific focus on the Data Stewardship for Data Intelligence @ PayU
initiative that focuses on enriching PayU Payments data for various use cases. PayU Payments data has emerged as a powerful source of information.
Joining our Data team offers you the chance to make a difference for millions of people and businesses in a rapidly growing market. Exponential growth in PayU data, in volume and variety, is changing the conditions to build a successful financial business. They also underpin the growth of virtually every fintech business in the world. You will be able to help shape the data-based efforts such as AI and Data Intelligence initiatives at PayU in India and beyond.
· To gather and accumulate data from disparate sources, process it, and analyse it to extract valuable insights and information.
· Performing analysis to assess quality and meaning of data
· Write queries to efficiently extract data from the big-data warehouse
· To perform routine analysis tasks to support day-to-day business functioning
· Using statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction
· Preparing reports and dashboards for the management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
· Working with Data Scientists, engineers, and management to identify process improvement opportunities and propose system modifications
Requirements to be successful in this role:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
· 2+ years of experience with Big Data Analysis
· Strong experience in programming languages for Big Data analysis: Python/C++/Java/Julia
· Comfortable in working with computational frameworks including both basic tools like Excel and SQL as well as advanced frameworks like Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Storm,
· Proficiency in working with both relational and non-relational database systems such as MySQL, DB2, NoSQL, HDFS, MongoDB, Cassandra
· Proven experience in reviewing, analyzing, and managing large volumes of data for Data discovery and data quality
· Experience in Cloud platforms is a plus
· Experienced in data visualization techniques and tool like Tableau/Qlik/PowerBI
· Outstanding attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work
· Strong organizational skills; Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· High-energy individual with a go-getter instinct and positive attitude
· Should be a great teammate who promotesknowledge-sharing
Are you ready to utilize your skills and expertise to build value and enrich communities across the globe? Engage with us to discuss further!
At PayU, we are a global fintech investor and our vision is to build a world without financial borders where everyone can prosper. We give people in high-growth markets the financial services and products they need to thrive. Our expertise in 18 high-growth markets enables us to extend the reach of financial services. This drives everything we do, from investing in technology entrepreneurs, to offering credit to underserved individuals, to helping merchants buy, sell and operate online. Being part of Prosus, one of the largest technology investors in the world, gives us the presence and expertise to make a real impact. Find out more www.payu.com
Our Commitment To Building A Diverse And Inclusive Workforce
As a global and multi-cultural organization with varied ethnicities thriving across locations, we realize that our responsibility towards fulfilling the D&I commitment is huge. Therefore, we continuously strive to create a diverse, inclusive and safe environment, for all of our people, communities and customers. Our leaders are committed to create an inclusive work culture which enables transparency, flexibility and unbiased attention to each and every PayUneer so they can succeed, irrespective of gender, color or personal faith. An environment where every person feels they belong, that they are listened to, and where they are empowered to speak up. At PayU we have zero tolerance towards any form of prejudice whether a specific race, ethnicity, or of persons with disabilities or the LGBTQ communities.