Senior Software Engineer (C++)
San Diego, CA (On-site)
Software – Systems /
When you’re on a mission to cure disease and save lives, the software that helps deliver the solution is critical. Our super-resolution platform is reliant on innovative software, so we’re looking for a SeniorSoftware Engineer to join our team.
As an experienced member of the team, you will be at the heart of developing software that controls ONI’s super-resolution microscope. You will take a leading role in working closely with Research Scientists and Software Engineers to build our next-generation, super-resolution imaging platform and apps ecosystem.
Reporting to Andrew DeKelaita, Director of Software Engineering, your responsibilities will include:
- Spearhead the architecture, design, and development of pivotal features for a cutting-edge microscopy platform, prioritizing performance and reliability.
- Utilize C++ and Python to develop and maintain control applications for microscope hardware, ensuring seamless integration and functionality.
- Design, implement, and manage software responsible for real-time control of various microscope components, including cameras, lasers, stages, and custom ONI hardware.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Managers and Research Scientists, to define technical requirements and translate them into actionable plans for implementation.
- Guide the productization of algorithms developed by the Data Science team, actively evaluating technical tradeoffs during productization.
- Lead code reviews and documentation efforts, ensuring adherence to best practices, code quality, and maintainability.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior engineers, fostering engineering excellence.
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience developing in C++ and Python and hardware control.
- Demonstrated experience building/debugging multithreaded applications.
- Experience in driver development and building systems for real-time data processing.
- Experience developing robotics software is a plus.Familiarity with GPUs and image processing pipelines is a plus.
$145,000 - $170,000 a year