Hardware – Hardware /
At ONI, we are driven by a profound mission: to propel scientific discovery and combat diseases by granting everyone the ability to visualize, comprehend, and share the intricate microscopic details of life. Our revolutionary Nanoimager stands at the forefront of advancing cellular studies on a molecular level, making substantial contributions to the evolution of scientific knowledge.
We dedicate ourselves to broadening the realms of human potential, and we are actively seeking an enthusiastic and devoted Electronics Engineer to join our pioneering team located in Oxford. We believe in the power of relentless curiosity and the pursuit of excellence, and we invite you to join us in shaping the future of scientific exploration and healthcare breakthroughs.
We’re always looking to improve the Nanoimager’s capabilities and deliver more to our users, which is why we’re looking for an Electronic Engineer to join our team in Oxford. In this role you will be responsible for the design of new electronics components to support R&D and manufacturing. Providing technical electronics support for the maintenance and testing of existing electronic components.
Your Role at ONI:
- Own subcomponent prototype projects, as well as working on systems level projects within the Hardware team
- Support development and implementation of new electronic designs for hardware prototypes and products
- Support and ownership of electronic sub assembly design during Design For Manufacturing projects
- Preparation of documentation relating to electrical engineering regulatory requirements
- Ensure supply chain meets project requirements by providing technical support to vendor selection and qualification
- Work with Hardware and PLE teams to define improvement projects based on customer feedback and business objectives
- Develop existing products in manufacturing for improved performance based on customer feedback and internally-defined improvement projects (internal / external customer feedback)
- Work with quality team to manage corrective actions based on product faults - running root cause analysis and providing direction for corrective actions
- Provide end-of-life support for components and systems including design modifications for servicing and component replacement
- 3+ years providing specialist electronic technical support as part of a manufacturing or product development team
- Advanced degree (PhD/MSc) in relevant technical discipline i.e. Electronic/Electrical/Optical Engineering
- Worked with PCBA vendors to communicate PCB fabrication, assembly and test specifications
- Experience using software packages for complex electronics design
- Understanding of electronic components and appropriate applications for different products and systems
- Optimisation of PCBs from existing designsInvolved in continuous improvement projects to optimise production cycle times and component specifications
- Worked with R&D teams to prototype novel products
- Accurate electronic design and assembly working within tight tolerances
- Practical electronics testing, including microcontroller programmingInterpretation of technical documentation e.g., datasheets, engineering drawings, standard operating procedures and quality requirements
- Able to identify improvement opportunities related to functionality, robustness, scalability
At ONI, we understand that a fulfilling career involves more than just challenging work - it's about enjoying a well-rounded experience. When you become a part of our team, you not only contribute to groundbreaking research but also enjoy a range of benefits designed to enhance your life both inside and outside the workplace.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prioritize fairness and respect, ensuring every team member thrives regardless of their background. But that's not all - our perks include:
Competitive Compensation We recognize and reward your talent. Enjoy a competitive salary that reflects your expertise and contributions, ensuring your hard work is recognized.
28 days of annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and 4 dedicated wellbeing days.
Free Daily Lunches: Relish nutritious meals, courtesy of ONI, making your workdays delightful.
Onsite Gym Facilities: Stay active and energized with our convenient onsite gym, promoting your overall health.
Private Healthcare and Dental Coverage: Your health matters to us. Access top-notch medical and dental services, ensuring your well-being is in good hands.
Inclusive Culture: Be a valued member of our diverse, inclusive family. Your unique perspective is celebrated here, fostering a culture of mutual respect and understanding.
Cycle To Work Scheme: Embrace a sustainable commute with our cycle to work program, promoting eco-friendly travel and a healthy lifestyle.
Health Assured: Your mental health is essential. Access our comprehensive mental health support services for a balanced work-life experience.
People’s Pension: Secure your future with our pension scheme, investing in your financial well-being beyond the workplace.
Perks at Work: Enjoy exclusive discounts and deals through our perks at work program, adding value to your everyday life.
Specsavers Eyecare: Your vision matters. Benefit from our eyecare program with Specsavers, ensuring your eyes stay healthy and your vision clear.
If you are driven by innovation, eager to make a significant impact in the realm of scientific and medical research, and possess the skills and passion we are looking for, we invite you to apply and be a part of our mission to improve our understanding of the microscopic details of life.