Quality System Manager
Operations – Quality /
As the saying goes ‘workers are only as good as their tools’. If you’re delivering innovative scientific products such as our Nanoimager – which empowers scientists to improve lives globally - that’s especially true. Our Quality Systems Manager – as part of our Operations team - will drive and ensure we are implementing the highest quality controls throughout the production process; guaranteeing our customers receive and benefit from everything we promise them.
You’re a well established quality engineer or manager within a highly scientific company, someone who’s motivated by maintaining quality standards by communicating and educating the importance of adherence to colleagues and vendors. This has all been achieved in a highly regulated, and of course scientific, business, It's also likely you hold a degree in bioengineering, quality, or a similar discipline. You come with an established track record of developing and deploying new quality systems, you’re motivated by driving conformance to tight manufacturing tolerances, but are proven to rapidly adapt these to meet both business needs and external pressures.
Reporting into Bill Handyside (Director of Operations), your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and deploying QMS systems, reviewing effectiveness and adherence across both Oxford and San Diego sites
- Escalating product quality issues or non-compliance your team colleagues across operations (supply chain, manufacturing engineering), R&D and our commercial organization
- Owning relationships with internal customers and our external vendors to ensure quality awareness and evidence-based decision-making is common practice.
- Managing and owning Propel - our Quality Management System - to ensure the processes it controls are simple and also applied
- Documenting control, change control, training, CAPA, calibration, labeling control and internal audit; participate in supplier audits
- Overseeing and supporting our eQMS management system and the ERP system interfaces we use
- Developing product test, inspection criteria and methods, including the use of SPC alongside Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering and Operations Teams
- Act as Quality point-of-contact for consumable design transfer and validation, escalating solutions and issues to maintain our quality standards
- Developing and monitoring appropriate metrics and KPIs to track system performance and data to address improvement of process, design and/or materials
This is a key role in our manufacturing operation with plenty of exposure across the business, so you’ll need to be comfortable managing relationships to implement change and you know to balance that with encouraging adherence across the business. To support this, we’ve recently implemented new ERP/CRM tools to centralise our production, but you’ll also want to find new ways to improve on this. As we're based in the US and UK, an understanding of regional quality standards is something we would like to see, but we can also help you learn about this.
We’ve built a microscope that anyone on earth can use to take high-resolution movies of cells, which our customers use to help fight diseases. If you're excited about this mission as you are about the difference you could make in ‘all things’ Quality then please get in touch. We’d love to speak with you!