Sales Executive - West Coast
Los Angeles, CA (Remote) /
Commercial – Sales /
Being in sales is a rewarding career. Doing so within Life Sciences where your technology can help improve the lives of millions is even better. Our Sales Executives at ONI have just that opportunity. And more. We’re working with some of the brightest researchers in North California to bring our breakthrough Nanoimager technology to their work; work that’ll lead to their own breakthrough discoveries too. Sales roles aren’t much more rewarding than that.
As an established target-hitting life sciences salesperson where the technology you sell is exceptional but still requires a deep understanding of how it will be deployed, and how it fits the wider research being undertaken. You’re used to being ‘out in the field’ but remaining connected to the business. Others know they can rely on your CRM records (in our case Salesforce) to have clear visibility of exactly where customers are in the pipeline. And, of course, your forecasting is renowned for its accuracy regardless of how many opportunities you’re handling.
Reporting to our new VP of Sales and Customer Success your focus will be on the Northern California territory and your responsibilities are going to include:
- Identifying customers in academia, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries using tender portals, CRM tools,customer references and other resources
- Owning the sales cycles including lead generation, demonstrations and close of opportunities to meet and exceed the territories $3 million annual target
- Working with leadership on development of annual sales strategy, providing input on ways to maximise revenue, efficiency and product opportunities
- Keeping CRM updated with prospective and lost sales opportunities, customer interactions, demonstration outcomes, and market feedback
- Representing voice of customer internally to Marketing and Customer Success teams, providing market feedback to influence strategy and product development
$120,000 - $260,000 a year
To be successful you’re going to need that strong track record of achieving your sales targets within the Life Science market, with a degree in that subject area. What really sets you apart is your own scientific curiosity and credibility to listen, question and engage with researchers to understand their work and goals. Product pricing means our Nanoimagers are most often classified as ‘capex’ and you’re used to unit sales in the $200k+ range. The thought of talking with scientists about how they’ll use our technology inspires you – as does their mission – but you’re equally as comfortable talking pricing and commercials with procurement teams.
So if you’re ready to help our breakthrough technology and make a breakthrough move in your career we should be talking….