Director of Sales
San Diego, CA (On-site)
Commercial – Sales /
Join ONI and Explore the Boundaries of Scientific Discovery!
At ONI, we are driven by a profound mission: to propel scientific discovery and combat diseases by granting everyone the ability to visualize, comprehend, and share the intricate microscopic details of life. Our revolutionary Nanoimager stands at the forefront of advancing cellular studies on a molecular level, making substantial contributions to the evolution of scientific knowledge.
We dedicate ourselves to broadening the realms of human potential, and we are actively seeking an enthusiastic and devoted Director of Sales to join our pioneering team located in San Diego. We believe in the power of relentless curiosity and the pursuit of excellence, and we invite you to join us in shaping the future of scientific exploration and healthcare breakthroughs.
The Director of Sales at ONI will be responsible for guiding the sales team, developing strategies and plans, and overseeing day-to-day operations, including booking and revenue targets. The primary focus will be on leading the sales team and ensuring the attainment of key performance indicators.
Your Role at ONI:
- Lead the sales team through the quarterly sales process to attain quarterly and annual bookings targets.
- Partner with the marketing team to drive lead generation and brand development via trade shows, and other external events and activities.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Drive sales performance to meet or exceed revenue targets and quotas.
- Stay informed about market trends, customer needs, and competitor activities to identify new business opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- Manage global distribution
- Synthesize quantitative views of the customers including sales team coverage and competitive dynamics.
- Provide daily metrics and customer feedback to enhance sales and revenue generation
- Analyze sales data and trends to forecast future sales and set performance goals.
Line Management Responsibilities
- Direct management of the sales team members
- Headcount planning and recruitment agreeing where investments and adjustments might be needed.
- Ensure that the annual appraisals are conducted, and quality feedback is given on career development needs, deal with any performance concerns and recognise top performers.
- Proactively identifying and anticipating future skills gaps, ensuring the appropriate mix of skills and experience amongst employees for the long term, addressing shortfalls through recruitment and training.
- Propose and help shape decisions and discussions affecting the overall long term strategic direction of the Company in partnership with the VP of Commercial.
- Champion opportunities for improvement, understand possible impact and benefits on other groups and seek buy-in from the wider management team.
- Understand and champion the company culture, values and ethics that underpin its success, whilst helping shape this as the company evolves.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Spearheaded sales leadership initiatives within a high growth Life Sciences company, showcasing notable growth in both team size and revenue.
- Successfully expanded and nurtured a sales team to achieve heightened performance.
- Directed commercial revenue attainment processes for the team, taking ownership of both team and individual revenue targets.
- Managed diverse sales channels, overseeing direct sales through internal team members as well as indirect sales via distributors and commercial partners.
- Delivered comprehensive presentations on sales metrics.
- Collaborated with marketing teams to formulate trade show plans and devised strategies to efficiently respond to early leads, develop webinars, and create applications collateral.
- Provided coaching to sales team members on various aspects of the sales process, drawing on formal experience in implementing best sales practices within a growing sales team.
- Possess a thorough understanding of CRM systems, including proficiency in Salesforce.
- Holds a degree in a business-related field.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Led a global sales team or has led attainment of global revenue attainment.
- Established new distribution partnerships in multiple regions. Established both the contractual and working relationship to attain business goals.
- Been a member of an early-stage high growth executive team.
- Understanding of the life sciences tools market
- Life sciences degree such as biology
$160,000 - $170,000 a year
At ONI, we understand that a fulfilling career involves more than just challenging work - it's about enjoying a well-rounded experience. When you become a part of our team, you not only contribute to groundbreaking research but also enjoy a range of benefits designed to enhance your life both inside and outside the workplace.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prioritize fairness and respect, ensuring every team member thrives regardless of their background. But that's not all - our perks include:
Competitive Compensation We recognize and reward your talent. Enjoy a competitive salary that reflects your expertise and contributions, ensuring your hard work is recognized.
Flex PTO plus 11 federal holidays and 4 dedicated wellbeing days.
Gym Access via ARE: Sorrento Valley, Torrey Pines, and UTC
401K via ADP
Medical with Blue Shield California
Dental with Delta Dental
Perks at Work: Enjoy exclusive discounts and deals through our perks at work program, adding value to your everyday life.
VSP Vision: Your vision matters. Benefit from our eye care program with VSP Vision
If you are driven by innovation, eager to make a significant impact in the realm of scientific and medical research, and possess the skills and passion we are looking for, we invite you to apply and be a part of our mission to improve our understanding of the details of life.