Manufacturing and Supply Chain Director
Operations – Manufacturing /
At ONI, we are driven by a profound mission: to propel scientific discovery and combat diseases by granting everyone the ability to visualize, comprehend, and share the intricate microscopic details of life. Our revolutionary Nanoimager stands at the forefront of advancing cellular studies on a molecular level, making substantial contributions to the evolution of scientific knowledge.
We dedicate ourselves to broadening the realms of human potential, and we are actively seeking an enthusiastic and devoted Manufacturing and Supply Chain Director to join our pioneering team located in Oxford. We believe in the power of relentless curiosity and the pursuit of excellence, and we invite you to join us in shaping the future of scientific exploration and healthcare breakthroughs.
The Manufacturing and Supply Chain Director assumes a pivotal role in optimizing hardware and consumable manufacturing and supply chain operations. This multifaceted role requires adept navigation of the intricacies of on-site opto-mechanical hardware manufacturing, alongside management of outsourcing dynamics while fostering seamless collaboration among Manufacturing, Product Lifecycle Engineering (PLE), and Quality teams.
Your Role at ONI:
- Design and develop programs to meet the current and future business needs by directly creating, leading and rolling out a culture of continuous improvement across Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- Establish key strategic and tactical plans, key performance metrics, and dashboards for Manufacturing and Supply Chain functions to deliver on company objectives.
- Foster a culture of operational excellence, emphasising efficiency and quality within hardware and high-volume consumable production.
- Identify and suggest improvements to manufacturing by evaluating the organization for waste and complexity.
- Lead outsource manufacturing initiatives for both hardware and consumables manufacturing.
- Establish strong working relationships with internal customers, suppliers, consultants and business partnerships ensuring adherence to contractual agreements.
- Identify, validate and onboard external suppliers and vendors, and negotiate Master Supply and License Agreements and equivalent for the logistics department.
- Ensure resilience and redundancy is built into the supply chain for individual and bulk components to mitigate risks of disruption to both incoming supplies and outgoing products.
- Lead Supply Chain team in optimising ERP & e-commerce system order fulfillment processes.
- Work closely with Product Lifecycle Engineering and Quality teams to ensure seamless integration and adherence to quality standards.
Line Management Responsibilities:
- Direct management of global ONI Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams.
- Headcount planning and recruitment including making budget submissions and proposals, reviewing conflicting requirements and requests, agreeing where investments and adjustments might be needed.
- Ensure that the annual appraisals are conducted, and quality feedback is given on career development needs, having an overview of performance across the whole group and encouraging actions to develop talent, deal with any performance concerns and recognise top performers.
- Recommend remuneration increases for Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams.
- Proactively identifying and anticipating future skills gaps and succession planning, ensuring the appropriate mix of skills and experience amongst employees for the long term, addressing shortfalls through recruitment and training.
- Propose and manage the overall annual budget for Manufacturing and Supply Chain teams, discussing and making recommendations based on the wider business context.
- Champion opportunities for improvement, understanding possible impact and benefits on other groups and seeking buy-in from the wider management team.
- Understand and champion the Company culture, values and ethics that underpin its success, whilst helping shape this as the Company evolves.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated expertise in spearheading high-volume manufacturing operations, especially within businesses specializing in the production of high-volume consumables.
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing setting, with a focus on strategic planning and team management.
- Demonstrated expertise in navigating complex outsourcing dynamics, managing external partnerships, and optimizing outsourcing strategies.
- Extensive experience in overseeing end-to-end supply chain operations, including purchasing, logistics, and supply chain optimization.
- Track record of successful collaboration with cross-functional teams, especially between Manufacturing, Technical, and other relevant departments.
- Knowledge and experience in ensuring quality assurance and compliance with industry standards and regulations within manufacturing operations.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate diverse teams, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and high performance.
- Experience in managing manufacturing costs effectively while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Demonstrate a strong and inspiring leadership presence, instilling confidence and motivation within the manufacturing and supply chain teams.
- Possess a strategic mindset with the ability to envision and communicate long-term manufacturing goals, aligning them with the overall business objectives.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive working environment, encouraging open communication and cross-functional collaboration between Manufacturing, Technical, and other relevant teamsStrong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Showcase strong problem-solving skills, addressing manufacturing issues with a systematic and analytical approach to ensure efficient and effective resolutions.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Manufacturing, Engineering, or Business.
- Preferably a master's degree (MBA, MSc, or equivalent) providing a deeper understanding of business management and strategy.
At ONI, we understand that a fulfilling career involves more than just challenging work - it's about enjoying a well-rounded experience. When you become a part of our team, you not only contribute to groundbreaking research but also enjoy a range of benefits designed to enhance your life both inside and outside the workplace.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prioritize fairness and respect, ensuring every team member thrives regardless of their background. But that's not all - our perks include:
Competitive Compensation We recognize and reward your talent. Enjoy a competitive salary that reflects your expertise and contributions, ensuring your hard work is recognized.
28 days of annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and 4 dedicated wellbeing days.
Free Daily Lunches: Relish nutritious meals, courtesy of ONI, making your workdays delightful.
Onsite Gym Facilities: Stay active and energized with our convenient onsite gym, promoting your overall health.
Private Healthcare and Dental Coverage: Your health matters to us. Access top-notch medical and dental services, ensuring your well-being is in good hands.
Inclusive Culture: Be a valued member of our diverse, inclusive family. Your unique perspective is celebrated here, fostering a culture of mutual respect and understanding.
Cycle To Work Scheme: Embrace a sustainable commute with our cycle to work program, promoting eco-friendly travel and a healthy lifestyle.
Health Assured: Your mental health is essential. Access our comprehensive mental health support services for a balanced work-life experience.
People’s Pension: Secure your future with our pension scheme, investing in your financial well-being beyond the workplace.
Perks at Work: Enjoy exclusive discounts and deals through our perks at work program, adding value to your everyday life.
Specsavers Eyecare: Your vision matters. Benefit from our eyecare program with Specsavers, ensuring your eyes stay healthy and your vision clear.
If you are driven by innovation, eager to make a significant impact in the realm of scientific and medical research, and possess the skills and passion we are looking for, we invite you to apply and be a part of our mission to improve our understanding of the microscopic details of life.