Hardware Test Engineer
Hardware – Hardware /
At ONI, we are driven by a profound mission: to propel scientific discovery and combat diseases by granting everyone the ability to visualize, comprehend, and share the intricate microscopic details of life. Our revolutionary Nanoimager stands at the forefront of advancing cellular studies on a molecular level, making substantial contributions to the evolution of scientific knowledge.
We dedicate ourselves to broadening the realms of human potential, and we are actively seeking an enthusiastic and devoted Hardware Test Engineer to join our pioneering team located in Oxford. We believe in the power of relentless curiosity and the pursuit of excellence, and we invite you to join us in shaping the future of scientific exploration and healthcare breakthrough.
In this position you will be pioneering the testing of groundbreaking technologies, inventive concepts, and new products in a vibrant and collaborative multidisciplinary environment. Playing a key role in supporting the Hardware Team's endeavors to create and enhance products for super-resolution microscopy.
Your Role at ONI:
- Contribute to the advancement of optics and hardware development by designing and conducting comprehensive tests for both individual components and integrated subsystems
- Perform microscopy workflows and analyse test data to evaluate the performance, quality, and reliability of new hardware and/or software functionalities
- Support integration testing of high-precision microscope subsystems
- Perform thoughtful DOE, consulting with stakeholders and domain experts to extract necessary inputs and review test plans to get team alignment prior to test execution
- Summarize and report results, providing clear conclusions and recommended next steps
- Become a super-user and provide insights to inform design improvements and next-gen systems
- Operate proactively and independently to overcome challenges as they arise
- Execute rigorous verification testing of systems and subsystems to identify technical issues early in the development process, and ensure quality in later stages
- Identify opportunities for process improvement including test automation to improve efficiency
- Contribute to complex problem solving / root-cause analysis efforts
- Create software and/or hardware test fixtures to facilitate consistent, repetitive testing
- Document test plans/protocols/specifications
- Support the development of functional requirements and corresponding test cases
- Support the development, testing and integration of QA, QC and optical alignment tools to enhance the manufacturing processes
Essential skills and qualifications:
- At least 2 years of industry experience
- Bachelors or Masters in relevant technical discipline e.g Mechanical/Optical/Electrical/Biomedical Engineering
- Experienced in the preparation of technical documentation e.g requirements, system diagrams, flow charts, standard operating procedures
- Experienced in providing clear and effective presentation of data summaries
- Experienced in Root cause analysis
- Any programming experience using a scripting language would be advantageous
At ONI, we understand that a fulfilling career involves more than just challenging work - it's about enjoying a well-rounded experience. When you become a part of our team, you not only contribute to groundbreaking research but also enjoy a range of benefits designed to enhance your life both inside and outside the workplace.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prioritize fairness and respect, ensuring every team member thrives regardless of their background. But that's not all - our perks include:
Competitive Compensation We recognize and reward your talent. Enjoy a competitive salary that reflects your expertise and contributions, ensuring your hard work is recognized.
28 days of annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and 4 dedicated wellbeing days.
Free Daily Lunches: Relish nutritious meals, courtesy of ONI, making your workdays delightful.
Onsite Gym Facilities: Stay active and energized with our convenient onsite gym, promoting your overall health.
Private Healthcare and Dental Coverage: Your health matters to us. Access top-notch medical and dental services, ensuring your well-being is in good hands.
Inclusive Culture: Be a valued member of our diverse, inclusive family. Your unique perspective is celebrated here, fostering a culture of mutual respect and understanding.
Cycle To Work Scheme: Embrace a sustainable commute with our cycle to work program, promoting eco-friendly travel and a healthy lifestyle.
Health Assured: Your mental health is essential. Access our comprehensive mental health support services for a balanced work-life experience.
People’s Pension: Secure your future with our pension scheme, investing in your financial well-being beyond the workplace.
Perks at Work: Enjoy exclusive discounts and deals through our perks at work program, adding value to your everyday life.
Specsavers Eyecare: Your vision matters. Benefit from our eyecare program with Specsavers, ensuring your eyes stay healthy and your vision clear.
If you are driven by innovation, eager to make a significant impact in the realm of scientific and medical research, and possess the skills and passion we are looking for, we invite you to apply and be a part of our mission to improve our understanding of the details of life.