G&A – Finance /
At ONI, our mission is to accelerate scientific discovery and fight disease by enabling everyone to visualize, understand and share the microscopic details of life. Our Nanoimager plays a pivotal role in advancing cellular studies at the molecular level, contributing significantly to the progress of scientific understanding. We are passionate about pushing the boundaries of what's possible, and we’re looking for a dedicated Management Accountant to join our team in Oxford.
In this position, you will be tasked with supporting financial, corporate, and regulatory reporting, managing financial risks, and crafting internal control policies and procedures.
- Complete month end processes within agreed timeframes, including revenue recognition, accruals, prepayments, inventory accounting and other financial entries.
- Support the production and maintenance of monthly management accounts and key performance indicators to ensure accurate and timely recording and presentation.
- Completion of thorough and robust balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis, for regular review by the Financial Controller.
- Undertake accounting operations including trade debtor management, overseeing accounts payable payment processing, bank reconciliations, sales tax preparation and submissions (UK and overseas).
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory reporting requirements and tax filings during reporting periods.
- Preparation of information relating to R&D claims, grant submissions and external statutory audits.
- Understanding, and documenting all financial processes undertaken within the role, ensuring these maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Supporting preparation and delivery of financial metrics and analysis to support business strategy decision-making to VP Finance.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Part Qualified (ACCA/CIMA) or AAT Qualified
- Accurate reconciliation skills using Excel and ERP systems.
- Delivered monthly/quarterly financial reporting as part of a team.
- Supporting reporting of performance against budget.
- Used finance management systems to manage and track financial activity and Key Performance metrics.
- Supported cash management and control processes.
If you think this role is a fit for you, and you want to be a part of our mission to improve our understanding of the details of life, then we’d love to hear from you, which you can do by applying here.