Product Manager (Hardware)
San Diego, CA (On-site) /
Marketing & Product – Product Management /
We’re on a mission to develop super-resolution technology for anyone who wants to use it. Our Nanoimager microscope is already playing an important part in this, but we can always innovate and improve.
We’re searching for a Product Manager to build the roadmap for our hardware products, establish the marketing and product requirements for development teams, and successfully execute on the full process from ideation to commercialization. This role plays a critical part in our mission and will contribute to our commitment in delivering the best possible microscopy hardware products to our valued customers.
Reporting to our VP of Marketing and Product, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the product management of commercial hardware products, from ideation to commercialization, with a focus on meeting customer needs and driving business growth
- Establish and define the product's value proposition and develop key messaging that effectively communicates its features, benefits, and competitive advantages to target customers
- In partnership with Program Management, lead meetings and communication with key stakeholders and project partners to share project updates, progress against established timelines and milestones, address and resolve potential risks that arise
- Serve as primary decision maker for product related questions
- Establish pricing strategy, evaluate the impact of pricing decisions on revenue, and ensure product price will maintain profitability through financial margin targets of the portfolio
- Build and validate new product business cases with estimates of total, addressable, and serviceable markets for proposed new products
- Explore the market needs and requirements based on customer and market intelligence
- Align development resources to execute on the design and prototyping of new products
- Interface with R&D, marketing, software, and product team peers to ensure all facets of customer experience are addressed (buy, use, and support)
- Monitor and proactively utilize customer feedback, scientific literature, and real-time data to ensure our tools are valuable and necessary for customers research
- Maintain an end-to-end understanding and consideration of our workflows between Bioware, Hardware, and Software teams
$100,000 - $135,000 a year
You should have at least 3-5 years of experience successfully launching and managing hardware products throughout the entire lifecycle. Experience in the Life Science industry is highly preferred.
This role is based in San Diego, CA and expected to work onsite at least 3 days per week and may have the opportunity to work remotely the remaining day(s).
What makes you stand out is your demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and facilitate communication among cross-functional teams operating in different time zones, to ensure the success of products. You’ll have the opportunity to work with dedicated, driven, and diverse teams working towards a goal that could have an enormous impact on the scientific community. If you’re excited about our mission, then we should be talking, which begins with you applying here.