IT Support Engineer
San Diego, CA (On-site)
Software – IT /
Join ONI and Explore the Boundaries of Scientific Discovery!
At ONI, we are driven by a profound mission: to propel scientific discovery and combat diseases by granting everyone the ability to visualize, comprehend, and share the intricate microscopic details of life. Our revolutionary Nanoimager stands at the forefront of advancing cellular studies on a molecular level, making substantial contributions to the evolution of scientific knowledge.
Our customers depend on our Nanoimager to observe the nanoscopic detail of life. Likewise, we depend on our internal systems to deliver our solutions to scientists across the globe. We’re adding an IT Support Engineer to our San Diego office, to ensure the critical operations underpinning our technology continue to seamlessly operate and improve as we scale globally.
This is a role where you will combine your experience working with large scale IT systems with a passion for customer service in an organisation that values reliable and continuous service delivery as much as we embrace change and innovation.
Your Role at ONI:
- Providing on-site IT support to our US office and remote support to the global organization.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues such as hardware failures, software bugs, and network problems.
- Documenting and tracking technical issues, solutions and customer interactions in a help desk management system.
- Collaborating with other teams within ONI to address technical challenges and contribute to ongoing projects.
- Coordinate the procurement, deployment, and retirement of hardware and software assets.
- Documentation of IT stock changes (purchased, assigned, retired, lost etc).
- Proactively manage and maintain existing IT systems and infrastructure
- Identify areas for improvement and propose solutions to enhance system efficiency, security, and user experience.
- Admin ownership of account lifecycle for new starters/leavers (creation, activation, assignment and deactivation)
- Provide Onboarding training to new starters
Essential experience and qualifications:
- Using IT Ticketing systems (ServiceNow, Zendesk, Freshdesk) to manage IT incidents and requests while maintaining company SLAs
- Device lifecycle management, including wipe/rebuild/reissue
- Employee Onboarding/Offboarding
- Implementing and managing new software/hardware systems
- Executive-level support to top leadership
- Troubleshooting end user technical issues
- Windows / MacOS / iOS life cycle management
- Directory management either Google Workspace (GSuite) / Azure AD / Okta
- MDM - Intune, Jamf
- At least one relevant certification i.e.: Microsoft Certification, CompTIA Certification, Google Workspace Certification, Jamf Certification
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Time spent working in an IT-related role in a regulated industry such as biotech
- Achieving ISO27001 or GDPR/CCPA compliance
- Experience working in a Cyber Essentials, ISO27001, CCPA/GDPR compliant IT environment.
- DNS and networking
- Scripting powershell / bash / Python
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
$78,000 - $90,000 a year
At ONI, we understand that a fulfilling career involves more than just challenging work - it's about enjoying a well-rounded experience. When you become a part of our team, you not only contribute to groundbreaking research but also enjoy a range of benefits designed to enhance your life both inside and outside the workplace.
Competitive Compensation We recognize and reward your talent. Enjoy a competitive salary that reflects your expertise and contributions, ensuring your hard work is recognized.
Flex PTO plus 11 federal holidays and 4 dedicated wellbeing days.
Gym Access via ARE: Sorrento Valley, Torrey Pines, and UTC
401K via ADP
Medical with Blue Shield California
Dental with Delta Dental
Perks at Work: Enjoy exclusive discounts and deals through our perks at work program, adding value to your everyday life.
VSP Vision: Your vision matters. Benefit from our eye care program with VSP Vision
If you think this role is a fit for you, and you want to be a part of our mission to improve our understanding of the details of life, then we’d love to hear from you, which you can do by applying here.