Head of Marketing
Bucharest, Romania /
OLX – Marketing /
WELCOME TO OLX
At OLX, we shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.
We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more, all via our network of trading platforms. Our 10,000 colleagues help to serve 300 million people around the world every month, through 20 well-loved local brands such as OLX Autos, Otomoto, and Property24.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing (f/m) in our amazing OLX Regional Hub, focusing on Romania, Portugal and Bulgaria
In this role, you will lead the marketing team and direct the process of strategic planning, campaign management, brand building and user growth. You will work closely with business and functional leaders across the OLX organization in the RO/PT/BG region on a broad range of high-impact topics, which will give you the chance to play a leading role in shaping our future together.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Marketing strategy: Define market priorities through an insights-led process, lead the integrated marketing strategy, inform & manage the annual marketing agenda and together with central functions (EU Performance and EU Retention Marketing, Product) and local functions (Local Brand Marketing teams, Strategy, Sales, etc) execute against it.
- Measurement & outcome: Before, during and after execution, it is imperative to articulate the impact and focus on the outcome, rather than the output. The goal is to acquire new incremental users through acquisition efforts by optimizing against ROI and retaining users and growing LTV of users. Also, impact through the brand is part of this process and is paramount to creating a sustainable competitive advantage over time.
- Analytics and Customer Mindset: Insights- and research-led communication development. Being able to craft very actionable customer insights from research and able to translate this into clear marketing briefs and comms objectives. Working across POE media, creative agencies, and teams
- Brand: Accelerate OLX's brand strength across our markets focusing on Goods, Services, and Jobs. Setting OLX as the reference for transacting online and positioning OLX Jobs as a #1 destination for employers and employees as well as work together with the Performance team to deliver value/replies to our employers
- Go-to-market: Drive go-to-market and adoption of OLX positioning OLX Goods away from 'only second hand' to 'best deal' with the launch of new features as well as the stronger push next year on professional sellers. This is strong collaboration with Sales, Local and Central Product teams. Also driving local initiatives (Sales, ad hoc projects, fraud communication, monetization comms, user comms/blog/content, etc..)
- Team: Manage and building a regional team (around 8 people) across Romania, Portugal and Bulgaria ensuring we design and build scalable marketing efforts that can easily replicate across markets (not reinventing the wheel in each country). Build a strong team, coaching, guiding and training them where needed. The engagement of the team is key to the success of our mission
What will help you to be successful in this role?
- Strong knowledge of the full marketing mix, being able to drive high-impact integrated marketing campaigns (across POE media) for Romania, Portugal, and Bulgaria.
- An analytical and data-driven mindset to analyze category, competitive, consumer, product, and brand data and identify the biggest marketing opportunities and goals for OLX Romania Portugal, and Bulgaria
- Proven track record to grow and develop collaborative and engaged teams, as well as growing individuals within that team to unlock full potential through coaching and mentoring.
- Given a complex environment, has the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and drive an agenda, both within and outside the marketing team.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities;
- Excellent project management abilities;
- Well-developed analytical skills and stakeholder management;
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques;
- Think big, act bold and focus on the value delivered to our Customers;
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- The opportunity to work for the top tier classifieds brands, a place that takes the best out of being a global company and bringing a nice local flavor;
- A desk in a beautifully designed office in the center of Bucharest, close to some of the best coffee shops and brunch places. However, the job will be remote during the pandemic, for obvious reasons;
- Continuous investment in your development, through training. Also, the chance to connect for advice and inspiration to other professionals from all over the world;
- Strong compensation package (annual performance-based bonus, medical insurance, flexible benefits compensation);
- Friendly, curious and driven colleagues that get stuff done and consider that enjoying the ride is far more important than rules and hierarchies.
- Cake. Or other gifts. We like to get creative about them.
...at OLX Group
At OLX we have a clear ambition – to empower people everywhere in the world by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world’s leading Internet companies. This combination of business and
purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you’ve got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that aim to bring added value to our purpose, then we’d love to empower you. Want to know more?
Why join OLX?
At OLX, we unlock value in our people. We invest in ourselves and each other to reach our full potential. We avoid bureaucracy and empower our teams to innovate; with opportunities, training, and leadership behaviors a focus for all. Our commitment to inclusion ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions. And, we combine the spirit and agility of a startup with our global scale and the backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We also unlock value for our stakeholders. We are proud of the positive contribution we make to our planet, by enabling more conscious consumption and helping the world make the most of its limited resources through more efficient trade.
And last but not least, we love to unlock value for our customers. Every single month, over 300 million people use our platforms to easily, safely, and conveniently find their perfect home, buy or sell a car, find a great job, sell things they no longer need, or strike a great deal on something they need. And we help thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses find their customers too.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at OLX
If you do not meet every single requirement for this role, we would still encourage you to apply. At OLX, we are committed to creating a high performing diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, we know that we get the best results when we have the broadest range of knowledge, backgrounds, and experiences in our team, and we believe you are at your best when you can bring your whole self to work.
So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experiences do not align perfectly with every criteria asked for in the job description, we would still like you to apply. We strongly encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, backgrounds, and experiences to consider applying for this role. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles in our business, and we'd like to hear from you.
We will strive to accommodate all necessary adjustments to support your interview success - please speak to your recruiter about any of these requirements.
Please refer to our Privacy Statement to find out more about how your application data will be processed.