Head of Security EU
Berlin, Germany /
OLX Group – Engineering /
WELCOME TO OLX
At OLX, we shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.
We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more, all via our network of trading platforms. Our 10,000 colleagues help to serve 300 million people around the world every month, through 20 well-loved local brands such as OLX Autos, Otomoto, and Property24.
We are looking for a Head of Security to lead our Security team for OLX Europe. This position can be based in any of our European hubs.
OLX group maintains a network of classified platforms that deal with millions of customers and billions of requests each and every day, posting, searching, buying and selling 2nd hand goods. It is easy to understand that we deal with a lot of sensitive information, including personal and payment data. All of this data needs to stay safe and secure, and that is where we as OLX security come in.
Are you a person that is not afraid to dive deep into technical discussions and at the same time like to deal with people management topics? Are you aspiring to be a security leader? Then we might have the right position for you!
We are looking to extend our established European security team. We are pushing security to the left (Shift-left), by giving our teams and employees the security tooling and insight they require to improve our speed of development and our security posture at the same time. Our main goal is to ensure the best possible security for our customers, increasing their trust in our platforms. You will be leading the EU security team and work very closely together with our engineering teams. This position will report to the OLX Group Global Security Director.
- Developing and implementation of strategic European security program;
- Aligning and contributing to the global security strategy;
- Review, extend and adjust existing security measures and controls;
- Supporting and coaching security team members and champions, building out security culture;
- Lead investigations and forensics within the expertise in order to determine what went wrong in a breach, dealing with those responsible, implementing corrections to avoid repeats;
- Define guidelines and best practices that ensure that our products are industry-leading concerning Information Security;
- Keep ahead of security needs by implementing programs or projects that proactively mitigate risks while contributing to the ongoing initiatives;
- Drive cost-effective solutions and explain operational value in a clear and concise way;
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years experience as security engineer, product engineer or software development, with at least 3 years in any security domain;
- Experience with one or more security compliance frameworks;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with critical and creative thinking, prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment;
- Experience with cloud technologies, especially with AWS services;
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture;
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business;
What you can expect:
- Opportunity to work with a multitude of technologies and one of the biggest Security infrastructures;
- A company committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees and creating equal opportunities;
- Great place to learn within fast-growing, global classifieds' platforms;
- A healthy learning environment that takes your career at heart for both Individual Contributors or Managers;
- We offer an Annual Bonus plus benefits like Health and Life insurance;
- Open selection of training e-courses including MyAcademy, Udemy, and specialist AWS training;
- Virtual and remote position from countries where OLX has a presence;
- Relocation services and support available;
- Occasional travel expectancy
OLX Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms, serving 300 million people every month and operating in 30+ countries across 5 continents. We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands including OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers. We are powered by a diverse workforce of 10,000+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world. We have the strong financial and operational backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.
Why join OLX?
At OLX, we unlock value in our people. We invest in ourselves and each other to reach our full potential. We avoid bureaucracy and empower our teams to innovate; with opportunities, training, and leadership behaviors a focus for all. Our commitment to inclusion ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions. And, we combine the spirit and agility of a startup with our global scale and the backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We also unlock value for our stakeholders. We are proud of the positive contribution we make to our planet, by enabling more conscious consumption and helping the world make the most of its limited resources through more efficient trade.
And last but not least, we love to unlock value for our customers. Every single month, over 300 million people use our platforms to easily, safely, and conveniently find their perfect home, buy or sell a car, find a great job, sell things they no longer need, or strike a great deal on something they need. And we help thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses find their customers too.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at OLX
If you do not meet every single requirement for this role, we would still encourage you to apply. At OLX, we are committed to creating a high performing diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, we know that we get the best results when we have the broadest range of knowledge, backgrounds, and experiences in our team, and we believe you are at your best when you can bring your whole self to work.
So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experiences do not align perfectly with every criteria asked for in the job description, we would still like you to apply. We strongly encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, backgrounds, and experiences to consider applying for this role. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles in our business, and we'd like to hear from you.
We will strive to accommodate all necessary adjustments to support your interview success - please speak to your recruiter about any of these requirements.
Please refer to our Privacy Statement to find out more about how your application data will be processed.