Remote | Head of Commercial Excellence
Lisbon, Portugal /
OLX Group – Product /
WELCOME TO OLX
At OLX, we shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.
We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more, all via our network of trading platforms. Our 10,000 colleagues help to serve 300 million people around the world every month, through 20 well-loved local brands such as OLX Autos, Otomoto, and Property24.
Center of Excellence Team
We are looking for an experienced, data-driven, and passionate Head of Commercial Excellence for OLX Europe. We want you to bring customer centricity, efficiency, and innovation to our way of working.
You will define and lead the Commercial Strategy and Vision for OLX Europe, focusing on enabling sales teams to better understand their customers, building efficient operational processes, and developing the product to support this. You will work closely with the central as well as local teams to drive innovation and implement solutions.
Our products and services are evolving and it is critical to pursue new customers and connect existing business customers with the relevant products so they have a personalized experience with OLX. To support this, you will drive our internal sales innovation and take our sales model to the next level. Beyond optimizing the status quo, you are structuring for the future. You will be constantly looking for ways in which our sales teams can satisfy our customers using technology.
With a clear vision and an inspiring purpose, you will develop measurable milestones to achieve that.
- Understand our local operations, business goals, and customers. Define short and long-term strategies to build an efficient and effective sales organisation.
- Challenge the status-quo and identify opportunities to improve, grow, and scale.
- Own our tooling capabilities as well as process and work with our external tooling partners to support our growing needs. Explore potential tools and services that may bring further efficiency and improvement to our sales teams.
- Develop and implement pilots to test the viability of business opportunities and decisions.
- Define “What success looks like?”
- Continuously look for ways to enhance Sales Efficiency.
- Engage with internal teams to bring the sales strategy to life via roadmaps, project plans, and stakeholder management.
- Understand our customers’ perception of Customer Service and Sales interactions. Identify ways to operationalize collaboration through tools and technology.
- Work closely with the data, analytics, platform, data science, and service excellence teams to implement processes, tools, and improvements as well as track and measure success.
- Ensure knowledge sharing on best practices across countries.
- Own and track key metrics per market and work with teams to optimize performance.
- Drive consistency and standardization of tools, processes, and ways to measure success across OLX Europe.
- Work closely with stakeholders and share best practices
- Drive a cross-functional team while providing clear goals and direction
- Build a culture of customer centricity when problem-solving.
- Manage and mentor direct reports - setting yearly goals, feedback loop, and helping them achieve their career path
- Growth in managed revenue
- Growth in internal stakeholder CSAT
- Growth in profitability for business customers
- Improvement in acquisition and retention metrics
- Identify and develop ways to measure the impact of sales teams on business performance
Lead and mentor
KPIs for success
Who we are looking for:
- 10 years of work experience with a few years in a customer success/sales strategy role.
- At least 3 years of people management experience.
- Experience in leadership roles and working with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of CRMs is a plus (Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience working effectively with internal and external stakeholders in a highly dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Experience in management of a combination of the following functions: sales operations, customer loyalty and retention, and business analytics.
- Experience building products and processes in a bidirectional way, understanding customer needs, and translating them to insights for product and tech, is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of running an efficient sales organization
- Experience in building/reorganizing teams and processes from the ground up.
- Experience in working with OKRs is a plus.
- Outstanding analytical capacity paired with a profound business sense. Experience with evaluating, defining, and implementing organizational changes is a plus.
- Ability to influence, drive change, and set the example in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication/interpersonalskills: Has the ability to frame a point and discuss it at all levels. Builds credibility across the organization through collaboration and positive relationships, being approachable, and following through on commitments.
- Passionate about providing the best customer experience
Why join OLX?
At OLX, we unlock value in our people. We invest in ourselves and each other to reach our full potential. We avoid bureaucracy and empower our teams to innovate; with opportunities, training, and leadership behaviors a focus for all. Our commitment to inclusion ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions. And, we combine the spirit and agility of a startup with our global scale and the backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We also unlock value for our stakeholders. We are proud of the positive contribution we make to our planet, by enabling more conscious consumption and helping the world make the most of its limited resources through more efficient trade.
And last but not least, we love to unlock value for our customers. Every single month, over 300 million people use our platforms to easily, safely, and conveniently find their perfect home, buy or sell a car, find a great job, sell things they no longer need, or strike a great deal on something they need. And we help thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses find their customers too.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at OLX
If you do not meet every single requirement for this role, we would still encourage you to apply. At OLX, we are committed to creating a high performing diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, we know that we get the best results when we have the broadest range of knowledge, backgrounds, and experiences in our team, and we believe you are at your best when you can bring your whole self to work.
So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experiences do not align perfectly with every criteria asked for in the job description, we would still like you to apply. We strongly encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, backgrounds, and experiences to consider applying for this role. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles in our business, and we'd like to hear from you.
We will strive to accommodate all necessary adjustments to support your interview success - please speak to your recruiter about any of these requirements.
Please refer to our Privacy Statement to find out more about how your application data will be processed.