Security Tooling Engineer
Bucharest, Romania /
OLX Group – Engineering /
WELCOME TO OLX
At OLX, we shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.
We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more, all via our network of trading platforms. Our 10,000 colleagues help to serve 300 million people around the world every month, through 20 well-loved local brands such as OLX Autos, Otomoto, and Property24.
OLX Group is a global product and tech company, operating in more than 40 countries. We empower people to upgrade their lives by making it easy for one billion people to exchange goods and services through products and services customers love. We are a tech savvy company, and we use the latest cloud and security technologies. Our platforms serve billions of customers daily and we are successful because these platforms are secure, resilient and trustworthy.
We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our Security Tooling team for OLX Europe. This position can be based in one of our European hubs locations (Poland, Portugal and Romania). We offer hybrid model of working.
Do you like to create programs? Extend functionality and improve processes by using automation? Then we might have to right position for you. At OLX Europe we are looking to expand our established security team. Our main focus lies on the product side of security. You will be working with our security team to improve security processes and visibility for all our OLX EU employees. We are pushing security to the left (Shift-left), by giving our teams and employees to security tooling and insight they require to improve the companies security posture.
What you will be doing:
- Develop tools and services to automate security tasks and ensure employees get their security information on time;
- Ensure our security services are up and running;
- Build a strong security community across the company's business and technology organizations;
- Recognize, adopt and instill the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, network security, security operations, incident response.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in engineering and development;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with critical and creative thinking;
- Experience with cloud technologies, especially with AWS services;
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills;
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment;
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
What we’ll give you:
- Opportunity to work with a multitude of technologies and one of the biggest Europe Security infrastructures
- A company committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees and create equal opportunities
- Great place to learn within fast-growing, global classifieds' platforms
- A healthy learning environment that takes your career at heart for both Individual Contributors or Managers
- We offer an Annual Bonus plus benefits like Health and Life insurance
- Open selection of training e-courses including MyAcademy, Udemy and specialist AWS trainings
OLX Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms, serving 300 million people every month and operating in 30+ countries across 5 continents. We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands including OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers. We are powered by a diverse workforce of 10,000+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world. We have the strong financial and operational backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.
Why join OLX?
At OLX, we unlock value in our people. We invest in ourselves and each other to reach our full potential. We avoid bureaucracy and empower our teams to innovate; with opportunities, training, and leadership behaviors a focus for all. Our commitment to inclusion ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions. And, we combine the spirit and agility of a startup with our global scale and the backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We also unlock value for our stakeholders. We are proud of the positive contribution we make to our planet, by enabling more conscious consumption and helping the world make the most of its limited resources through more efficient trade.
And last but not least, we love to unlock value for our customers. Every single month, over 300 million people use our platforms to easily, safely, and conveniently find their perfect home, buy or sell a car, find a great job, sell things they no longer need, or strike a great deal on something they need. And we help thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses find their customers too.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at OLX
If you do not meet every single requirement for this role, we would still encourage you to apply. At OLX, we are committed to creating a high performing diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, we know that we get the best results when we have the broadest range of knowledge, backgrounds, and experiences in our team, and we believe you are at your best when you can bring your whole self to work.
So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experiences do not align perfectly with every criteria asked for in the job description, we would still like you to apply. We strongly encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, backgrounds, and experiences to consider applying for this role. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles in our business, and we'd like to hear from you.
We will strive to accommodate all necessary adjustments to support your interview success - please speak to your recruiter about any of these requirements.
Please refer to our Privacy Statement to find out more about how your application data will be processed.