Remote | Senior Product Designer - OLX team
Barcelona, Spain /
OLX Group – Product /
WELCOME TO OLX
At OLX, we shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.
We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more, all via our network of trading platforms. Our 10,000 colleagues help to serve 300 million people around the world every month, through 20 well-loved local brands such as OLX Autos, Otomoto, and Property24.
We're looking for an experienced and empathetic Senior Product Designer to join our Global Product Design & Research team in driving and managing projects within one of our primary products. You will be leading the design of all aspects of our customer experience and working closely with strategic partners in technology and product teams bringing to life our key initiatives.
The candidate can be hired in Portugal or Spain only and need to be based within these 2 countries.
Our Design team is on a mission to transform the way we build products at OLX Group. Before a small team, we are now expanding fast and bringing talents to help us strengthen our design practice with a committed and passionate focus on solving real problems for our private and professional customers.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Be involved in the end-to-end design, development and implementation process by translating customer problems into solutions, design from workflow and interactions to high fidelity visual designs-
- Be able to absorb multiple sources of feedback in the process, explore multiple hypotheses and drive the decision-making process to ensure the best product experience
- Leading design processes across the product lifecycle setting the vision for the user experience and managing collaboration with stakeholders
- Working closely with a collaborative and cross-functional team in developing and implementing a high-quality product experience in all stages of product development
- Balancing the customer needs and challenges with the business's goals, market viability as well as technical feasibility and effectively explaining and evangelizing in how design solutions align with strategy. Added plus if you are pro-actively looking for problems to address.
- Represent the Product Design & Research team in facilitating and contributing to design discussions and workshops, giving feedback in planning and product channels
- Guiding and mentor our junior Design members in processes and sharing knowledge.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will need:
- Comprehensive understanding of applying user-centered design methodologies and research to tackle complex product problems
- Proven experience and ability in all different process stages from problem-solving definition to development and implementation closing feedback cycles after launching
- Attention to detail, with great end solution case studies examples that prove solving customer problems
- Experience working and expanding design systems
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and are a self-starter
- A big plus if you have experience across a variety of emerging technologies like AI, VR, and AR.
What can we offer you:
- Opportunity to work at a global level with a positive, get-things-done, diverse and inclusive working workplace with inspiring and passionate colleagues and a competitive salary with a generous benefits package
- Not currently based in Berlin? Not a problem! We can help you with a great relocation package with the assistance of our dedicated Mobility team
- Ongoing personal and professional learning development with regular mentoring and guidance regardless of your level, generous training budget, fully access to MyAcademy and German language classes with an onsite teacher
- Full medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, daily free lunches, fruits and snacks
- Flexible working hours and working from home policy
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.
Why join OLX?
At OLX, we unlock value in our people. We invest in ourselves and each other to reach our full potential. We avoid bureaucracy and empower our teams to innovate; with opportunities, training, and leadership behaviors a focus for all. Our commitment to inclusion ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions. And, we combine the spirit and agility of a startup with our global scale and the backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We also unlock value for our stakeholders. We are proud of the positive contribution we make to our planet, by enabling more conscious consumption and helping the world make the most of its limited resources through more efficient trade.
And last but not least, we love to unlock value for our customers. Every single month, over 300 million people use our platforms to easily, safely, and conveniently find their perfect home, buy or sell a car, find a great job, sell things they no longer need, or strike a great deal on something they need. And we help thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses find their customers too.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at OLX
If you do not meet every single requirement for this role, we would still encourage you to apply. At OLX, we are committed to creating a high performing diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, we know that we get the best results when we have the broadest range of knowledge, backgrounds, and experiences in our team, and we believe you are at your best when you can bring your whole self to work.
So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experiences do not align perfectly with every criteria asked for in the job description, we would still like you to apply. We strongly encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, backgrounds, and experiences to consider applying for this role. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles in our business, and we'd like to hear from you.
We will strive to accommodate all necessary adjustments to support your interview success - please speak to your recruiter about any of these requirements.
Please refer to our Privacy Statement to find out more about how your application data will be processed.