Remote | Lead Product Designer - Ecosystems
Lisbon, Portugal /
OLX Group – Product /
WELCOME TO OLX
At OLX, we shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.
We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more, all via our network of trading platforms. Our 10,000 colleagues help to serve 300 million people around the world every month, through 20 well-loved local brands such as OLX Autos, Otomoto, and Property24.
We are seeking a Lead Product Designer for our Ecosystem team to help design and build the future at OLX Group.
The Ecosystem team is one of OLX Europe’s key strategic initiatives The objective of the Ecosystem team is to create efficiencies through building shared Product, Data, and Tech capabilities across the three Business Units (e.g. build 1 instead of 3 solutions where this makes sense), to drive simplification (e.g. address product & tech legacies), and to create strategic capabilities needed for future product initiatives (e.g. real-time 360 degree view of the customer). The Ecosystem capabilities will be key enablers of cutting-edge product initiatives that we will build on top.
In this role, you’ll define the end-to-end experiences for our C2C and B2C users throughout the OLX Europe organization. This is a hands-on practitioner role where you’ll have the opportunity to influence the direction of business-critical initiatives and customer journeys across OLX Europe. You'll be an advocate for Design thinking and practices within our teams and a partner with Product, Data, Tech and Research leaders. You’ll have an opportunity to advocate for the value of a well-rounded perspective, and build upon the expertise of our design team.
Our Product Design team is on a mission to transform the way we build products at OLX Group. We’re looking for an experienced and empathetic Leader to join our European Product Design & Research team in driving and managing projects within our OLX Ecosystem team.
The role can be based in Portugal, Spain, Germany, Poland, Bosnia, Bulgaria and Romania. You are able to work fully remote from these countries or choose the office-first option.
What you will be doing
- To lead the design process for our team. Make our solution's ideas tangible and adjust your concepts based on our user insights as we iterate and explore new themes and innovations.
- Define and visualize current and future customer experiences with relevant artifacts such as service standards, frameworks, personas, maps and blueprints, and customer experience strategies.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including product managers, designers, researchers, and business partners to build coherent end-to-end services that simultaneously serve our multiple products in Europe.
- Lead design practice rituals and develop new standards to mature the craft and culture of the design team.
- Rapidly design, prototype, and test concepts for services and products based on a deep understanding of business and customer needs, channels, and technology.
- Plan and lead co-creation workshops with product teams, collaborators, and business partners.
- Communicate and influence design decisions. Communicate and present design work to the team for review and feedback to drive decisions and commit to final UX deliverables.
- Champion the values of experimentation, design, and product experience quality. across the company and the leadership teams.
- Constantly improve your skills and knowledge by attending workshops, knowledge exchange sessions, and conferences - both inside the OLX Group and the broader Prosus Group.
Who we’re looking for
- You must have considerable experience applying user-centered design methodologies and research to tackle complex user problems.
- You have proven experience and ability in all different stages, from problem definition to development, testing, and implementation of user products.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment, enjoy working with unclear boundaries to shape a solution.
- You believe that being Data-Driven is the key to success for every business.
- You are a team player first and foremost and believe great things come from collaboration.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with strong interpersonal skills.
- You are a self-starter and are solution-oriented, and you're able to prioritize and work with minimal supervision.
- You have substantial experience building and iterating Design System standards that leverage simplification, scale, and efficiency.
What you should expect
- Fantastic growth curve at an ambitious company with sustainability right at the core of its business model.
- Contributing to the global classifieds success.
- International career and travel opportunities.
- A unique opportunity to become a part of the international team, where everyone is learning from one another and respecting each other.
- A budget for conference and education.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- A fun and casual environment where getting stuff done and enjoying the ride is far more important than rules and hierarchiesHome Office possibilities.
- Opportunities to learn, impact and train how users collect, process and analyse the data to grow the business.
- Perks like company mobile phone, company self-service, food supply, bonus system for good performance, and others.
Why join OLX?
At OLX, we unlock value in our people. We invest in ourselves and each other to reach our full potential. We avoid bureaucracy and empower our teams to innovate; with opportunities, training, and leadership behaviors a focus for all. Our commitment to inclusion ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions. And, we combine the spirit and agility of a startup with our global scale and the backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We also unlock value for our stakeholders. We are proud of the positive contribution we make to our planet, by enabling more conscious consumption and helping the world make the most of its limited resources through more efficient trade.
And last but not least, we love to unlock value for our customers. Every single month, over 300 million people use our platforms to easily, safely, and conveniently find their perfect home, buy or sell a car, find a great job, sell things they no longer need, or strike a great deal on something they need. And we help thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses find their customers too.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at OLX
If you do not meet every single requirement for this role, we would still encourage you to apply. At OLX, we are committed to creating a high performing diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, we know that we get the best results when we have the broadest range of knowledge, backgrounds, and experiences in our team, and we believe you are at your best when you can bring your whole self to work.
So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experiences do not align perfectly with every criteria asked for in the job description, we would still like you to apply. We strongly encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, backgrounds, and experiences to consider applying for this role. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles in our business, and we'd like to hear from you.
We will strive to accommodate all necessary adjustments to support your interview success - please speak to your recruiter about any of these requirements.
Please refer to our Privacy Statement to find out more about how your application data will be processed.