Remote | Backend Node.js Engineer
Warsaw, Poland /
OLX Group – Engineering /
WELCOME TO OLX
At OLX, we shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.
We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more, all via our network of trading platforms. Our 10,000 colleagues help to serve 300 million people around the world every month, through 20 well-loved local brands such as OLX Autos, Otomoto, and Property24.
What you will be doing:
- Building and maintaining scalable solutions that deliver advertising to multiple platforms used by people around the globe generating billions of page views per month
- Writing high-quality reusable code, debugging code related issues, and participating in the overall application lifecycle
- Monitor and respond to production issues in a methodical and process driven way
- Contribute to a culture of testing and optimisation
- Stay up to date with and learn about new technologies and best practices.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, as well as engineers from other teams to solve technical challenges
- Provide training, help and support to other team members
- Participation in conferences, communities and educational programs
We are looking for:
- You are curious about ad-tech and marketplace business, and have a growth mindset
- You are a team player and good communicator
- You have experience with NodeJS/ TypeScript
- You have experience working with distributed and scalable solutions
- You have a good understanding of cloud architecture (ideally AWS)
- You have experience in testing automation (unit testing, end-to-end testing)
- You have experience with experimentation and AB testing
- You communicate effectively in English
Nice to have:
- Advertising or ad-tech experience
- Production experience with AWS serverless technologies
- Experience with: GitLab, CI/CD, Serverless Framework, DynamoDB, Pg/MySQL, SQS, SNS
- Experience with other programming languages: Python, PHP, Java/Kotlin, GoLang etc
We offer you:
- Salary between from 13 to 20k PLN gross monthly + annual performance bonus up to 15% of your annual salary
- Thrill of building and managing global products that are used daily by millions all over the world.
- International team of top engineers from Amazon, Google, and other top start-ups and companies across the globe learning from one another.
- Dedicated training budgets to allow you to keep improving your skills.
- Remote working and flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary and great benefits
Why join OLX?
At OLX, we unlock value in our people. We invest in ourselves and each other to reach our full potential. We avoid bureaucracy and empower our teams to innovate; with opportunities, training, and leadership behaviors a focus for all. Our commitment to inclusion ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions. And, we combine the spirit and agility of a startup with our global scale and the backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We also unlock value for our stakeholders. We are proud of the positive contribution we make to our planet, by enabling more conscious consumption and helping the world make the most of its limited resources through more efficient trade.
And last but not least, we love to unlock value for our customers. Every single month, over 300 million people use our platforms to easily, safely, and conveniently find their perfect home, buy or sell a car, find a great job, sell things they no longer need, or strike a great deal on something they need. And we help thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses find their customers too.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at OLX
If you do not meet every single requirement for this role, we would still encourage you to apply. At OLX, we are committed to creating a high performing diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, we know that we get the best results when we have the broadest range of knowledge, backgrounds, and experiences in our team, and we believe you are at your best when you can bring your whole self to work.
So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experiences do not align perfectly with every criteria asked for in the job description, we would still like you to apply. We strongly encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, backgrounds, and experiences to consider applying for this role. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles in our business, and we'd like to hear from you.
We will strive to accommodate all necessary adjustments to support your interview success - please speak to your recruiter about any of these requirements.
Please refer to our Privacy Statement to find out more about how your application data will be processed.