Management and Operations /
Permanent, Full Time
Competitive Salary + EMI Stock Options
Visa Sponsorships Available
Nu Quantum is looking for a Finance Manager to join our growing team, oversee and carry out financial operations on day to day basis.
About Nu Quantum
Founded to commercialise research generated over the last decade at the Cavendish Laboratory, Nu Quantum is on a mission to shape the future of quantum information systems.
We’re working on exciting technology that will improve the utility and accelerate the time-to-market of quantum computing systems. We integrate novel quantum photonic technology to form an efficient and scalable quantum networking infrastructure in partnership with world-leading companies and academic groups.
The Finance Manager Role
Nu Quantum is embarking on ambitious growth plans, and we are seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join our team on a full-time basis. This individual will play a critical role in supporting the company's growth, carrying out financial operations, maintaining reporting, as well as overseeing purchasing, and ensuring the company's financial stability is maintained during this exciting period of expansion.
- Timely month-end processes, including accurate coding of purchase invoices and expenses and clearing all unreconciled bank transactions.
- Check and review quarterly VAT returns before submission.
- Interface with Xero.
- Create sales invoices.
- Manage bank payments.
- Code purchase invoices to nominal and project.
- Maintain credit card employee expenses paperwork.
- Ensure timely submission of receipted employee expensed claims.
- Liaise with external accountants.
- Support the project management team in the provision of historic and forecast cost data by project.
- Provide historic and forecast quarterly grant claims and ensure documentation is available.
- Track and report on the financial progress of projects.
Interface with FD to support
- Financial Reporting and monthly variance analysis.
- Financial Planning, including annual budgets and live forecasts.
- Oversee the procurement process.
- Place approved orders and maintain the PO tracker through to invoice and payment.
- Develop working relationships with Vendors, proactively resolving accounts payable issues.
- Match purchase invoices to fulfilled purchase orders.
- Insurance policy and renewal support.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven bookkeeping experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Advanced experience in Xero Accounting Software.
- Excellent communication skills with non-financial colleagues.
- Desire and ability to work with others.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain strict confidentiality.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse and think through a process and internal control.
- Working in a flexible manner and being willing to undertake other duties as reasonably requested.
- Ongoing learner, keep own knowledge and skills up to date.
Other (Desirable but not required)
- ACCA/degree in Finance or Accounting/part qualified CIMA/qualified AAT.
- Industry/early-stage company experience preferred.