Medical – Clinical /
Founded in 2018, we’ve already grown to be a 200+ team distributed across the globe united by a singular mission: empowering people to take control of their health.
Numan is transforming health: we’ve built a cutting-edge platform that integrates diagnostics, medication, supplements, digital programmes, and doctor consultations. Giving people the tools they need to shake off inertia, seize control of their health, and make the most of it.
Backed by top-tier investors, Numan is already having a positive impact on hundreds of thousands of patients here in the UK.
We want you to be part of it.
Numan has fundamentally changed the way that men’s health is viewed in the UK. We've have treated more than 500,000 patients delivering services to men and women for specific conditions, such as erectile dysfunction and hair loss, as well as the management of longer term conditions such as obesity. In the last few years we have expanded our proactive care offer building on our existing suite of diagnostic tests, working with a range of partners.
As Numan continues to grow we are looking for a Medical Director who is passionate about delivering clinical excellence whilst also seeking out new treatment options, novel diagnostics and ways of building our proactive care services.
The Medical Director will own the Medical Strategy and as a member of our Leadership Team they will be working with our CEO and Founder to ensure that Numan maintains its position as the leading men's health provider in the UK.
The Medical Director will oversee our Medical Operations Team, which is made up of doctors, nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists and health coaches. They will be the registered manager for CQC purposes, and ensure that Numan continues to achieve great results from CQC inspections, at the most recent inspection Numan achieved a good rating across all domains.
Clinical Expertise & Strategy:
- Craft and refine the Numan Medical Strategy to ensure it is translated and embedded across teams.
- Provide medical oversight and input into the development of our clinical diagnostic products and services.
- Optimise the way we treat our patients and our clinical service delivery at scale.
- Provide clinical expertise to our Growth & Product teams around patient care and key development opportunities.
Clinical Research, Science and Development:
- Establish and own relationships with Pharmaceutical and Research companies for potential opportunities around commercial or research partnerships.
- Ensure the teams stay up to date with new treatments, products and innovation within our industry.
- Maintain excellent clinical governance and engage with regulators including, but not limited to, the CQC and the MHRA.
- Develop, review and optimise our clinical operating procedures.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong interest in men’s health, ideally demonstrated through previous experience, personal profile or other healthcare activities, such as conferences, events or online content.
- A GMC licence to practise in the UK as a Medical Doctor. Must hold a CCT or equivalent, and be a specialist or generalist. Minimum of 3 years post CCT/CESR experience.
- Clinical practice experience in a remote healthcare environment with asynchronous online consultations.
- Experience of operating in a CQC-regulated environment and involvement in CQC inspections.
- A familiarity with processes for developing formularies, medicines management and working with unlicensed and off-label medication.
- The ability to work hands-on with other experienced colleagues in a flat structure, directing and influencing in a matrix setting.
- Worked in an environment with ambiguity.
- An “ownership” mindset.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of clinical decision support systems and developing algorithms.
- Commercial experience of developing clinical services and products for consumer-facing online health services.
- Knowledge of clinical research methods and effective scientific relationships with stakeholders - for example academia, pharma or industrial research partners.
- A deep understanding of how technology in medical services can transform care.
- International experience or experience of working in other countries outside of the UK.
Our benefits include..
📈 - Share options.
🏖 - 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (increasing to 30 the longer you stay with Numan).
🩺 - Private healthcare provided by Health Shield (including a cash plan and 24/7 GP access).
🧸 - Enhanced maternity and parental leave.
💼 - Employee assistance programme (access to therapy, financial planning and discounts).
⚖️ - Generous pension (includes both employee and employer contributions).
💻 - Flexible working options, including a dog friendly office in Farringdon.
📚 - Personal training and development budget via Learnerbly.
👟 - Gympass membership, giving you access to over 2,000 locations in the UK.
☕️ - Free office snacks including breakfast items, soft drinks, tea and coffee.
% - Discount to Numan products for your friends and family.
🤲 - Paid volunteering days.
📅 - An additional 2 weeks off once you reach your 5th anniversary with Numan.
Diversity at Numan
At Numan, people are at the heart of who we are. We recognise and value the unique perspectives and experiences that individuals from all backgrounds bring.
We promote innovation and creativity, enabling us to tackle things from various viewpoints and are committed to equal opportunities and continuously strive to create a workplace where everyone feels respected, heard, and valued.
Embracing diversity isn't just our goal; it's our strength, driving us towards a more inclusive future.