Medical – Other /
Who we are
Numan is changing the way men look after their health and wellness. It’s a decades-old problem: men aren’t seeking the healthcare that they need. Our survey showed that modern-day society is yet to conquer this worrying trend. It revealed that 4 out of 10 men haven’t visited a doctor in over a year, and 1 out of 10 can’t even remember the last time they saw a doctor.
We’re building a platform that gives men direct access to medical professionals, pharmaceutical products, and the knowledge to make informed choices about their health. Our mission is to help men across the world live healthier, happier lives with Numan as their trusted, long-term partner for all things relating to their wellbeing.
Our aspirations are big - we recently raised Series B funding, working with industry-renowned, top-tier investors including White Star Capital, Novator, Anthemis and Vostok New Ventures. This massively accelerated our growth in 2021, and we have ambitious plans for further growth in 2022. We’re looking to expand our world class team to help us achieve our mission, and we’re looking for the right people to work with us to make this vision a reality.
We are in search of an enthusiastic and motivated Health Coach with a passion for digital health to join our growing team. We have a strong vision to move into the field of lifestyle management and preventative health alongside our current services. A Health Coach will be key in supporting our patients towards their health-related goals and outcomes creating long-term engagement and relationships with our patients.
The Health Coach will be the primary interaction point for patients on our Weight Loss Plan. You will engage and motivate Numan patients to reach their goals, using a mixture of asynchronous messaging and calls. You will work closely with the Clinical team and Customer Care team to ensure our patients receive a high quality of care and support.
What you will do
- Provide advice to individuals on a Health Coaching plan
- Helping patients set goals in the areas of nutrition, exercise, sleep and emotional wellbeing
- Responding to patient queries
- Triage and escalate queries where necessary (to Clinical Team or Customer Care)
- Use live chat to communicate/engage/motivate patients
- Maintain records with detail, accuracy and efficiency
- Have a flexible approach and be able to prioritise work tasks effectively
- Have a patient-centric approach
- Implement learning from any incidents and complaints
- Take part in ongoing quality improvement
- Provide high-quality care aligned with in-house Standard Operating Procedures
- Willing to learn and upskill
What you will bring
- UKHCA accreditation desirable
- 1+ years experience in Health Coaching
- Ability to prioritise simultaneous communications with patients alongside other activities
- Naturally empathetic and caring
- Strong problem solving skills
- Qualified to practice in the UK
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- A degree or accreditation in Nutrition or Dietetics is highly desirable
- A passion for digital health and confidence in using technology
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and excellent IT skills
Values we share:
Mission led - You have a passion for and deep subject matter interest in health and wellbeing.
Highly empathetic and collaborative - You’ll be bringing togetherness and drive contribution.
Low ego - The best technology leaders spend their time enabling teams to do their best work by providing context, direction and removing roadblocks.
Ownership - We win and lose together. This role requires candidates who are comfortable taking ownership and high levels of responsibility. We reward that with a highly autonomous way of working that empowers you and your teams.
What we can offer you:
-A competitive base salary 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
-A flexible working environment that allows you to make the biggest impact.
-A chance to help build a category-defining company that’s making a real difference in people’s lives.
-Health Insurance with HealthShield. This is a health cash plan paid for by the company. It also includes 24/7 counselling support, EAP programme, 24/7 GP access, access to wellbeing app Thrive and further discounts on fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and your weekly shop via the reward platform MyPerks.
-Continuous learning - Books, online subscriptions and budget for workshops and conferences.
-Annual Learnerbly budget.
-Cycle to work scheme and secure cycle area to keep your bike safe.
-Discount to our Numan products (also for family and friends).
-Free eye test.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status