Legal Counsel - Regulatory and Product
Legal – Legal /
Founded in 2018, we’ve already grown to be a 200+ team distributed across the globe united by a singular mission: empowering people to take control of their health.
Numan is transforming health: we’ve built a cutting-edge platform that integrates diagnostics, medication, supplements, digital programmes, and doctor consultations. Giving people the tools they need to shake off inertia, seize control of their health, and make the most of it.
Backed by top-tier investors, Numan is already having a positive impact on hundreds of thousands of patients here in the UK.
We want you to be part of it.
Numan is seeking a talented Legal Counsel with a strong regulatory and product background to join our Legal team. The Legal Counsel will be expected to advise on compliance with healthcare regulations, interact with regulators and assist in the implementation of broader regulatory change projects in Numan.
As Legal Counsel, you will work closely with all areas of the business and will need to take a consultative as well as collaborative approach to solving complex legal and business issues in a fast-moving environment. You’ll be collaborating with all core functions across Numan, so looking for someone who is comfortable handling multiple areas of responsibilities and able to demonstrate excellent critical judgement with hands-on approach.
- Partnering with our commercial, product and compliance teams, acting as real-time legal advisor to understand their needs and help find creative solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Leading, and advising on, corporate governance and assurance frameworks, interacting with the board of directors and other key stakeholders.
- Supporting relationships with regulators.
- Reviewing websites and advertising copy / content to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Advising on regulatory matters including compliance with regulations.
- Acting as an advisor on broader regulatory requirements applicable, including with respect to group regulatory change projects.
- Guiding the business on market expansion.
- Advising the key business functions on new regulatory developments impacting the business.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a qualified solicitor / lawyer with strong post-qualification experience either in-house or in private practice (between 5 - 8 years PQE).
- Has an understanding of legal principles applicable to healthcare regulatory.
- Can balance both diverse workloads and stakeholder demands.
- Has the ability to handle and deliver on numerous high-priority projects concurrently.
- Is comfortable with ambiguity, constant change, and a fast-paced culture.
- Has a practical and solutions-oriented focus to solving legal challenges.
- Can work collaboratively as needed, flexing the approach as the matter requires.
- Has strong communication skills and the ability to articulate and explain complex legal issues clearly and concisely.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience working in a HealthTech, start-up or healthcare business.
Our benefits include:
📈 - Share options.
🏖 - 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (increasing to 30 the longer you stay with Numan).
🩺 - Private healthcare provided by Health Shield (including a cash plan and 24/7 GP access).
🧸 - Enhanced maternity and parental leave.
💼 - Employee assistance programme (access to therapy, financial planning and discounts).
⚖️ - Generous pension (includes both employee and employer contributions).
💻 - Flexible working options, including a dog friendly office in Farringdon.
📚 - Personal training and development budget via Learnerbly.
👟 - Gympass membership, giving you access to over 2,000 locations in the UK.
☕️ - Free office snacks including breakfast items, soft drinks, tea and coffee.
% - Discount to Numan products for your friends and family.
🤲 - Paid volunteering days.
📅 - An additional 2 weeks off once you reach your 5th anniversary with Numan.
Diversity at Numan
At Numan, people are at the heart of who we are. We recognise and value the unique perspectives and experiences that individuals from all backgrounds bring.
We promote innovation and creativity, enabling us to tackle things from various viewpoints and are committed to equal opportunities and continuously strive to create a workplace where everyone feels respected, heard, and valued.
Embracing diversity isn't just our goal; it's our strength, driving us towards a more inclusive future.