Clinical Governance Manager
Medical – Clinical /
Who we are
Numan is changing the way men look after their health and wellness. It’s a decades-old problem: men aren’t seeking the healthcare that they need. Our survey showed that modern-day society is yet to conquer this worrying trend. It revealed that 4 out of 10 men haven’t visited a doctor in over a year, and 1 out of 10 can’t even remember the last time they saw a doctor.
We’re building a platform that gives men direct access to medical professionals, pharmaceutical products, and the knowledge to make informed choices about their health. Our mission is to help men across the world live healthier, happier lives with Numan as their trusted, long-term partner for all things relating to their wellbeing.
Our aspirations are big - we recently raised Series B funding, working with industry-renowned, top-tier investors including White Star Capital, Novator, Anthemis and Vostok New Ventures. This massively accelerated our growth in 2021, and we have ambitious plans for further growth in 2022. We’re looking to expand our world class team to help us achieve our mission, and we’re looking for the right people to work with us to make this vision a reality.
This role will have an overarching responsibility to organise and deliver Clinical Governance leadership across the company. You will have oversight of our clinical governance processes - including managing incidents, complaints and regulatory issues. You will participate in discussions about risk assessment, risk mitigation and quality improvement. You will lead and have oversight of audits and quality improvement projects taking place relating to clinical risk management.
What you'll do:
- Implement and manage clinical governance processes
- Be the point of escalation for incidents and complaints, lead on the investigation and report of these
- Root cause analysis for incidents
- Maintain the clinical risk register, ensuring all health and safety, and any other risks are regularly assessed and action plans completed
- Take responsibility for and lead the monthly Clinical Governance meetings
- Proactively identify and voice concerns about clinical risks
- Ensure the company remains compliant with its statutory requirements
- Lead on increasing awareness of regulatory requirements across the company
- Carry out audits related to clinical services
- Co-ordinate the production and review of SOPs and author any relating to risk management
- Assess and manage patients remotely
- Deal with medical queries and problem-solve for our customers across our customer service channels
- Review and report on diagnostics such as blood tests results
- Maintain patient records with detail, accuracy and efficiency
- Have a flexible approach and be able to prioritise work tasks effectively
- Implement learning from any incidents and complaints
- Take part in ongoing clinical quality improvement
- Provide input to standard operating procedures
- Suggest ways of improving the patient and clinician experience
- Provide high-quality clinical care aligned with national guidelines.
What experience you'll bring:
- Experience with clinical risk management and mitigation desirable
- Experience in incident reporting and their investigations
- Experience in undertaking root cause analysis and making recommendations which influence a change in practice
- Experience in writing policies and standard operating procedures
- Exposure to working within clinical practice in a remote or digital health environment desirable
- A passion for digital health, telehealth and telemedicine.
- Effective communication skills with patients and colleagues
- Registered with professional body in the UK (e.g. GPhC or NMC) desirable
- Non-medical prescribing status desirable
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and excellent IT skills
- Ideally we are looking for someone to attend our London office three days per week
Values we share:
Mission led - You have a passion for and deep subject matter interest in health and wellbeing.
Highly empathetic and collaborative - You’ll be bringing togetherness and drive contribution.
Low ego - The best technology leaders spend their time enabling teams to do their best work by providing context, direction and removing roadblocks.
Ownership - We win and lose together. This role requires candidates who are comfortable taking ownership and high levels of responsibility. We reward that with a highly autonomous way of working that empowers you and your teams.
What we can offer you:
-A competitive base salary 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
-A flexible working environment that allows you to make the biggest impact.
-A chance to help build a category-defining company that’s making a real difference in people’s lives.
-Health Insurance with HealthShield. This is a health cash plan paid for by the company. It also includes 24/7 counselling support, EAP programme, 24/7 GP access, access to wellbeing app Thrive and further discounts on fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and your weekly shop via the reward platform MyPerks.
-Continuous learning - Books, online subscriptions and budget for workshops and conferences.
-Annual Learnerbly budget.
-Cycle to work scheme and secure cycle area to keep your bike safe.
-Discount to our Numan products (also for family and friends).
-Free eye test.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status