Freelance Product Designer
Product – Product Design Freelance /
Who we are
Numan is changing the way men look after their health and wellness. It’s a decades-old problem: men aren’t seeking the healthcare that they need. Our survey showed that modern-day society is yet to conquer this worrying trend. It revealed that 4 out of 10 men haven’t visited a doctor in over a year, and 1 out of 10 can’t even remember the last time they saw a doctor.
We’re building a platform that gives men direct access to medical professionals, pharmaceutical products, and the knowledge to make informed choices about their health. Our mission is to help men across the world live healthier, happier lives with Numan as their trusted, long-term partner for all things relating to their wellbeing.
Our aspirations are big - we recently raised Series B funding, working with industry-renowned, top-tier investors including White Star Capital, Novator, Anthemis and Vostok New Ventures. This massively accelerated our growth in 2021, and we have ambitious plans for further growth in 2022. We’re looking to expand our world class team to help us achieve our mission, and we’re looking for the right people to work with us to make this vision a reality.
What you'll do:
- Work as part of the Product Design Team which is responsible for delivering products, features and experiences across multiple platforms.
- Deliver considered design solutions that are in line with the product vision and design principles.
- Follow common design practices to work through problems from beginning to end, ensuring the final product meets all expectations.
- Work effectively and efficiently in order to hit checkins with with stakeholders and deadlines.
- Think holistically to understand the impact of solutions on the wider domain and identify potential risks.
- Work closely with Engineers and stakeholders to produce and deliver relevant design artefacts, in line with the delivery roadmap.
- Collaborate with other Product Designers at Numan to create a modular, responsive and consistent design system across our platforms, which adheres to best design practices.
What you'll bring:
- Ability to hit the ground running.
- A problem solver - you enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem.
- A deep understanding of the entire product development process - from problem-solving, through to execution and measuring success.
- Experience designing and shipping impactful products at scale.
- You think in systems. You can identify how elements are interconnected and the effects that small and large changes will have on the experience.
- Have a good eye for great visual design execution.
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc.
- The ability to create prototypes using Figma, Framer, Flinto etc. and use these prototypes to evaluate your design.
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to bring people along on the journey with you.
- Experience working with design systems.
Values we share:
Mission led - You have a passion for and deep subject matter interest in health and wellbeing.
Highly empathetic and collaborative - You’ll be bringing togetherness and drive contribution.
Low ego - The best technology leaders spend their time enabling teams to do their best work by providing context, direction and removing roadblocks.
Ownership - We win and lose together. This role requires candidates who are comfortable taking ownership and high levels of responsibility. We reward that with a highly autonomous way of working that empowers you and your teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status