VLSI Backend Engineer
Santa Clara, California /
R&D – VLSI /
At Mobileye, we foster a hybrid-friendly environment, combining work from office and home.
Mobileye Inc. is seeking a VLSI Backend Engineer (RTL2GDS) to join our world class backend team in the R&D division. This role will be responsible for implementation of sophisticated SOCs with demanding requirements in power, performance, and area.
This position will be remote or hybrid.
- Physical and structural design (backend) IC Design
- Floor planning
- Place and Route, clock tree synthesis
- Optimizations of area, power and timing
- Solving congestion issues
- Full chip timing closure (CTS, SI, STA etc.)
- Formal Verification
- Low power checker (VCLP)
- Aware of UPF
- Physical verification - DRC and LVS
- TCL Perl Scripting
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a backend engineer in complex SoCs and IP’s
- 5+ years of experience in backend tools and flows (i.e. ICC2, Innovus, PTSI, StarRC, Calibre, or Redhawk)
- 5+ years of experience Place and Route of 16FFC technology node or below
- Experience with Synthesis Place and Route using ICC2
- STA Timing closure
- DRC / LVS using Calibre or ICV
- IR Drop Analysis
- 11 paid holidays
- 18 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employer-sponsored short term disability insurance
- Supplemental life insurance, long term disability
- Employer-sponsored Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) with enrollment into Medical
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications above to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Requirements listed would be obtained through a combination of schoolwork/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Mobileye changes the way we drive, from preventing accidents to semi and fully autonomous vehicles. If you are an excellent, bright, hands-on person with a passion to make a difference come to lead the revolution!