Senior QA Engineer
Product – Engineering /
Mavenoid is the world’s first hardware support platform. We’ve built a virtual assistant and other tools that help customers set up, use, and troubleshoot everything from dishwashers and printers to robotic lawnmowers and electric scooters. With iconic brands like HP and Jabra as clients and $40 million in funding from top VC firms like Creandum and Point Nine Capital, we’re reinventing technical support for physical products. Having recently raised our Series B, we’re entering an exciting phase of growth but are still small enough for each new person to have a big impact on the company as a whole.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will play an important role in achieving our mission by ensuring the quality and reliability of Mavenoid’s product, as well as enabling our software engineers to ship product changes with efficiency and confidence.
This role is remote eligible from anywhere in Europe.
In your first month, you will:
- Get familiar with all parts of our platform and stress-test them as much as possible.
- Implement a QA process for daily and ad-hoc releases to production.
- Help the customer support team with investigating product issues.
In your first three months, you will:
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams to create test plans in advance.
- Create a QA process for our integrations with external platforms such as Salesforce, - - - Zendesk and Shopify.
- Identify opportunities to add more end-to-end automated tests for critical user journeys and help developers implement them.
In your first six months, you will
- Set up quality metrics to track and improve the development and QA processes.
- Build a strategy to continuously reduce the number and severity of bugs reaching production.
- Improve the bug reporting processes if needed to reduce the turnaround time for fixes.
- Establish a QA process for Mavenoid’s new product updates and existing system components.
- Review product requirements for each 3-week Product Cycle and prepare test plans.
Perform testing for each release to production, report and investigate issues.
- Track quality metrics and actively suggest changes to the process to improve our ways of working.
As a result, you will:
- Increase quality by ensuring P0/P1 bugs don’t slip into production releases.
- Decrease time spent by the product team on testing new features.
- Increase efficiency of engineering time spent on fixes.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Practical experience creating and executing test plans for complex integration-heavy products.
- Familiar with or participated in setting up testing processes.
- Familiar with test automation best practices.
- Databases, SQL, REST APIs, JSON.
Nice to have:
- Experience testing APIs, AI/ML and Analytics products.
- Used to work with customer support and/or conversational products in the past.
What we offer
- Employees’ work-life balance: flexible working hours and 25 days paid leave + national bank holidays.
- Employees’ wellness: meal allowance, bi-weekly meditation sessions, and up to $500 as a Health Perk.
- Remote/home setup: latest generation Mac, large screens, ergonomic desks/chairs, and other equipment you might need.
- A career opportunity where your professional growth is in focus: unlimited books, three days off per year to focus on personal development, and up to $2,400 for courses, conferences, and other learning material.
- Regular company trips and remote activities.
- Food allowance