VP of Product
Product – Product /
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
We are looking for a visionary technical product leader to drive the product strategy for Matter Labs. Our main objective is to rapidly ship unique features that create moments of magic in the lives of our target audience: crypto-native developers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead product development, conceiving, building, and launching developer-focused, high-quality products that empower developers looking to build on zkSync Era and the ZK Stack.
- Lead the organization in developing a high understanding of developer needs and pains when it comes to blockchain technology, especially in the Layer 2 space.
- Work closely with engineering and our leadership team to define our product vision and strategy.
- Lead a product marketing team that is aligned with the engineering and marketing teams to ensure our protocol is positioned accurately, uniquely, and true to our values.
- Help us build a high-class team of product professionals (product managers, product designers, developer relations, product marketing).
- Collaborate closely with Engineering to architect and oversee the execution of our developer relations strategy.
- Collaborate closely with the product marketing team to ensure zkSync is positioned accurately, uniquely, and true to our values.
- Create and execute a developer preview program to help shape the final stages of feature development prior to public release.
- Ensure our business development strategy has the right support and technical direction to increase zkSync Era and ZK Stack adoption across several key verticals i.e. DeFi, NFTs, Gaming and Fintech.
What We Look For in You:
- 10+ years of experience in product management focused on developer-centric products, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to envision how the crypto ecosystem will evolve and draft a roadmap to effectively position zkSync Era as the leading L2.
- Deep experience and grasp of crypto-native developers building dApps to create delightful UX and competitive differentiation.
- Best-in-class product management experience – You’ve been a product leader at a world-class developer focused company and can ship innovative products rapidly.
- Strong understanding of technology and software development ideally with prior engineering experience.
- Excellent communication, leadership and analytical skills.
- Passion for open source development.
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia).
To all recruitment agencies: Matter Labs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Matter Labs employees, or any other organisation location. Matter Labs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Read our full policy here.