Head of Finance
Finance – Finance /
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
We are looking for a Head of Finance. You will manage FP&A, Strategic Finance, Investor Relations, Treasury, Capital Markets, Internal Audit and Tax/Compliance related matters. You will partner with the Executive Team, to bring financial and strategic insights to drive operational performance.
In this role, you’ll be part of a highly talented global remote team supporting the mission to create a freer and fairer ecosystem through the next evolution of the internet, Web3. This role is full-time with a strong preference for candidates located within the broader North America and EU.
What You'll Be Doing
- Establish and drive ongoing budgeting and forecasting processes, working closely with other teams to ensure resource allocation ties to the company’s strategic goals
- Lead and perform financial analyses for a variety of strategic decisions including Annual Operating Plan, M&A, strategic investments, partnerships and capital market transactions
- Perform analysis on financial results and operating KPIs, identifying underlying trends and areas of opportunity. Interpret key operational performance indicators, growth trends, and competitive positioning to inform strategic recommendations for senior management
- Create the development and implementation of standardized approaches / automated processes within FP&A and see opportunities for operational improvement
- Lead the quarterly forecasting process, including coordinating discussions within the Strategic Finance Team and consolidating financial results
- Construct detailed ad-hoc analyses (scenario modeling, sensitivity analyses, and contingency planning) to support the internal investment decision-making process
- Play a significant role in the preparation of board materials and reporting to facilitate effective decision making
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to create detailed business cases to evaluate and support decision making through ROI/ROE analysis
- Partner with senior leadership to evaluate key business initiatives including new products, strategic partnerships, and more
- Build detailed and scalable financial and operational models driven by key financial and operational metrics to facilitate scenario analysis
- Design, automate, and optimize processes, technology and systems to scale; Spread accountability and financial discipline throughout the organization
- Owner and primary point of contact on month-end close process
- Partner with Accounting to ensure accruals are accurate. Work on technical policy development and implementation (including, but not limited to: Depreciation, Capitalized Software, Stock-Based Comp)
- Partner with and manage outsourced accountancy firms
What We Look For in You
- You have at least 10+ years of relevant experience within FP&A and strategic finance, ideally in a mix of high-growth startup finance and professional services (consulting, banking, investing)
- Previous experience within crypto/blockchain/web3 is a big advantage
- Demonstrated strengths in business partnering, including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, financial modeling and analysis
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics and Excel modeling
- Experience building processes and systems to support a high-growth company
- Driven by passion, curiosity, and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the world
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
- English is your native language or you are completely fluent
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.