Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Engineering – Frontend /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours – where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’ve raised a total of $458 million to help us achieve this mission from investors such as Blockchain Capital, Dragonfly Capital, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Variant, Andreessen Horowitz (“a16z”), and many more. This includes $200 million dedicated to an ecosystem fund coming from BitDAO.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter.
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join the team responsible for our web applications. Your scope will include design and implementation across multiple applications, including our Block Explorer and the zkSync 2.0 Portal.
What You'll Be Doing
- Architect and build APIs using Node.js
- Write and support unit/integration tests
- Test, debug, optimise backend parts for acceptable performance under high load
- Contribute to existing frontend projects based on Vue
- Actively participate in common team meetings: daily standups, demo, retrospective, planning, grooming, estimation etc.
- Actively participate in code reviews
What We Look For in You
- At least 5+ years of experience building API’s using Node.js
- At least 3+ years of experience using Vue.js for Frontend projects
- Strong understanding of the principles of software development and architecture
- Hands-on experience using PostgreSQL or similar
- Hands-on experience using MongoDB or Redis etc.
- Hands-on experience using RabbitMq or Kafka (or similar) as a messaging system
- Hands-on experience using Elasticsearch or any other full-text search engines
- Hands-on experience using Kubernetes on AWS or Google Cloud
- Profound knowledge and hands-on experience of continuous integration / continuous delivery for frontend and backend
- Strong communication skills in English and proven ability to efficiently work with remote teams
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of blockchain technology and understanding specifics of Web3
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer using other languages and frameworks, e.g. .NET, Ruby, etc.
- Experience as a mentor or tech/team lead
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.