Senior Business Development Manager - Banking & Capital Markets
Business Development – Business Development /
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Our mission is to transform the global business landscape through zkSync, which is bringing about a revolutionary shift in existing business processes and economic activity. To achieve this, we are committed to building, testing, and scaling entirely new business models that will pave the way for mainstream enterprise adoption. To guide enterprises towards this new paradigm, it is crucial that zkSync establishes itself as the most trusted blockchain infrastructure in the world. Our ultimate objective is to become the most reliable and preferred blockchain platform for global economic activity and value networks, by instilling trust and driving innovation.
We are seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to join our Enterprise Business Development Team, focused on the banking and capital markets vertical. As the Senior Business Development Manager, you will have a leading role in building relationships with many of the leading financial institutions and nurturing them towards blockchain and Ethereum. Your responsibilities will include developing and executing strategies to achieve the overarching goals of the zkSync ecosystem. As the business grows, you will have the opportunity to build and lead your own team.
We are looking for someone who can establish new relationships, foster existing ones, and guide institutional clients by providing necessary product and technology knowledge. This is an ideal role for someone who has worked in the financial services industry and has been exposed to blockchain technology, seeking to drive change and move the industry towards a new paradigm.
What You'll Be Doing
- Building and executing on a strategy for onboarding banking and capital markets participants to the zkSync ecosystem
- Identifying and forming strategic partnerships to capture product opportunities that lead to new avenues of growth within the zkSync ecosystem
- Own the end to end sales process for the banking and capital markets vertical
- Being an evangelist for Matter Labs technology, the ethos of Ethereum and decentralization, and zkSync as the platform for the internet of value
- Staying up to date with the latest digital assets and CBDC discourse from conferences and industry thought leadership
- Maintaining strong operational due diligence in reporting and tracking of your sales pipeline and goals
- Taking existing industry products and processes and articulating how they can be improved and recreated through zkSync
What We Look For in You
- 8+ years of experience working in the banking and capital markets industry
- Familiarity with the trade life cycle, clearing and settlement, and securitization
- Professional and technical knowledge of blockchain technology and how it applies to the banking and capital markets sector
- Knowledge of the different Layer 2s and the difference between optimistic rollups and zk rollups is a plus
- You enjoy building at the earliest stages and care deeply about contributing and improving company processes
- You enjoy moving at a fast pace, building a long-lasting foundation, and helping customers thrive
- Technical background in programming, mathematics/engineering, traded products, or similar is a plus
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.