Product Design Lead
Product – Product /
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
We are looking for a Product Design Lead to join our company and drive the team responsible for our end-user experience as well as coordinate the company's design efforts overall. Your scope will include user/developer research, design state of the art, beautiful experiences across multiple applications, and evolving our design system (working close to marketing) to ensure consistency across all zkSync/Matter labs touchpoints.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including development, design, and marketing) to create beautiful experiences and products
- Produce wireframes and prototypes to iterate on ideas before committing to developing them
- Designing end-to-end flows and final assets to be implemented by our development team(s).Review product/feature releases, identify learnings and find ways to enhance them
- We are continuously developing our design system, so you’ll be a part of defining how our product will look and feel
What We Look For in You
- At least 7+ years of experience designing digital products
- Sharp attention to detail
- Knowledge of blockchain technology and understanding specifics of web3
- Experience with research utilizing various methods (e.g., usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys, etc.)
- Experience leading other designers
- You love Figma (we know we do).Ability to conduct, interpret, and present qualitative and quantitative feedback and research
- Strong communication skills in English and proven ability to efficiently work with remote teams
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
Nice to Have
- You have participated in building and maintaining a design system
- Previous experience in web3 or blockchain companies/project
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.