Head Of Web3 Business Development
Business Development – Business Development /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours – where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’ve raised a total of $458 million to help us achieve this mission from investors such as Blockchain Capital, Dragonfly Capital, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Variant, Andreessen Horowitz (“a16z”), and many more. This includes $200 million dedicated to an ecosystem fund coming from BitDAO.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter.
Our aim is to increase adoption of zkSync through identifying, developing, and managing strategic relationships, as well as helping Web3 projects identify what they need to use zkSync, and offering them resources from within the team to ensure deployments are successful.
As the Head Of Web3 your role will be to lead our partnership strategy for Defi, DAOs, Identity, Privacy, PublicGoods and Infrastructure (CEX, Onramps, Node Operators etc.) ecosystems. You will also be responsible for leading and growing a team of BD ranging from Senior to Junior.
This is a brand new role due to growth, and so there will be a large degree of autonomy and ownership making this a very exciting opportunity. Your duties will widely vary but will include;
- Contributing to the creation of the Web3 Biz Dev strategy, particularly by conceiving of creative approaches to securing partnerships
- Creating tools/KPIs to start to monitor success within the team
- Keeping track of the latest developments in the crypto space and reaching out to the most interesting new projects
- Dividing and conquering all inbound requests we receive daily together with the Head of Business Development
- Managing the ongoing relationship with our key Web3 partners
- Coordinate with Engineering teams, Product and Marketing to build and execute on an specific marketing strategy (e.g, industry POVs, conferences presentations, etc)
- Managing the team of BD and leading by example
- Previous experience leading and driving Web3 Partnerships e.g. Defi Partnerships
- Can add value through pre-existing partnerships within Web3
- Crypto/Web3 native and up-to-date with latest developments and competitive landscape
- Share the values of freedom, decentralization, and trust-minimization
- You love Biz Dev and building partnerships, and have a proven track record in a sales / partnership BD role (Ideally 10+ years)
- Previous management experience ideally of remote teams
- Global mindset and experience building strategy to a global scale
- You are a strong communicator and are able to explain complex issues in clear, persuasive language
- You have enough technical understanding of blockchains, Ethereum, and rollups - developer experience is a big plus
- Knowledge of how business development and partnerships work in the Web3/ Crypto space a big plus
- You are a conscientious, organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize your work
- Fluent English speaker - other languages a plus
- Personable with a great sense of humor
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.