Head of Matter University
Product – Partner Experience /
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about our core values and principles.
As a senior member of the team you will report to our CPO, but you’ll set the vision and mission with your team as you grow. You will use your skills and experience to guide your leadership team, inspire your org, and make a lasting impact in the wider Crypto community. We currently have a huge interest in helping to educate our community, so this role is essential for our growth and brings some really exciting opportunities.
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible for technical documentation for protocol, tooling, SDK, and CLI products
- Lead efforts to develop the curriculum, tutorials, and course work for four different bootcamps including beginners, Web 2 intermediate to Web 3, Web 3 Pro, and Enterprise developers
- Participate in the product design, development, and implementation of the web interface for academy bootcamps
- Lead partnership efforts with ecosystem training and bootcamp programs
- Participate in DAO funding and grants for ecosystem education projects
- Work with Product Marketing and Marketing to share information about bootcamps and education programs with developers across all marketing channels
- Create a train-the-trainer program for use with our developer advocates
What We Look For in You
- Previous experience in education within the Ethereum, Crypto, Layer 2/1 Space
- You live and breathe the crypto world, can empathize with the challenges, and are excited to help the industry succeed
- Experience defining strategies and measuring performance against them
- Comfortable navigating collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product Managers, Engineers, and members of the Marketing team
- You are a great verbal and written communicator and are skilled at adjusting your message for different audiences
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.