Head of Developer Advocacy
Product – Partner Experience /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours – where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’ve raised a total of $458 million to help us achieve this mission from investors such as Blockchain Capital, Dragonfly Capital, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Variant, Andreessen Horowitz (“a16z”), and many more. This includes $200 million dedicated to an ecosystem fund coming from BitDAO.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter.
As a senior member of the team you will report to our Head of Developer Relations, but you’ll set the vision and mission with your teams. You will use your skills and experience to guide your leadership team, inspire your org, and make a lasting impact in the wider developer community. We currently have a huge interest in our developer community and so this role is essential for our growth and brings some really exciting opportunities.
What You'll Be Doing
- Grow a world-wide community of over 5,000 zkSync advocates who are building meetup groups, hacker houses, and educational communities in cities around the world
- Integrate that community into educational, outreach, and content marketing efforts
- Ensure that developers seeking to build on the zkSync have access to the best tooling, education materials, and support systems possible
- Proactively engage with the developer community to promote zkSync, via events, trainings, webinars, hackathons, etc.
- Define, track, and report on goals and success metrics for the team's performance and impact
- Use your industry knowledge to help the team build strategies for different developer markets
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, and Engineering to align strategies and priorities
What We Look For in You
- Previous experience in community management or developer advocacy is essential
- You live and breathe the developer world, can empathize with them and the challenges they face, and are excited to help them succeed
- You understand the ins and outs of developer advocacy and how it fits into a broader platform strategy
- Experience in developer relations or a similar field
- Experience defining strategies and measuring performance against them
- Comfortably navigate collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product Managers, Engineers, and members of the Marketing team
- Great verbal and written communicator and are skilled at adjusting your message for different audiences
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.