Product – Technical Product Management /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
We are looking for a full time technical writer to document zkSync and related topics. The writing will involve writing manuals, API documentation, tutorials and online help guides. You will work closely with our engineering team to develop a full suite of written materials.
Writing, reviewing and editing a wide range of technical documentation. Collaborating with and other technical writers to deliver clear, accurate and consistent content. Ongoing management of all technical documentation Technical authoring with Engineering Copywriting Developing excellent product knowledge and identifying future improvements to the current documentation.
- Collaborating with Engineering, Product and others to plan, research, write and revise online documentation, including general overviews, tutorials, installation/configuration instructions, training class materials, and API documentation.
- Write for a variety of audiences, from non-technical end users to programmers, system administrators, and integrators.
- Establish team policies and procedures, aligning with to existing styles, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee peer editing and production review work.
- Collaborate with other writers to document zkSync's progress.
- Integrate use case and functional data into user documentation and examples.
- Exposure to documentation publishing software (MadCap, RoboHelp, Wiki-based). / TBC
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.