Remote - EMEA
Marketing – Growth /
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
We're seeking an acclaimed Creative Director to play a pivotal role in defining and executing the creative vision for one of the most exciting emerging technologies in the web3 space. You will lead a team of designers and creative professionals to develop compelling visual narratives and interactive experiences that resonate with crypto-native developers and big brands. Your creativity, leadership, and expertise will be instrumental in enhancing a community-owned brand identity and ensuring that its digital presence stands out in the tech and web3 industries.
You’ll focus on creating, maintaining, and evolving the visual systems that define the zkSync brand — including its design system, icons, illustration, and motion. This talent will be responsible for determining high-level creative strategy, direction, and goals for various work streams that will resonate with millions of developers and a billion users. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented creative leader with a concept-driven approach who constantly strives for simplicity, is known as a strategic partner to their cross-functional peers, and understands how form influences function. They are an expert in their craft, with the ability to inspire, and empower artists on a team to create their best work. They should have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums, know how to work in product, and execute to a high level of craft and execution.
What You'll Be Doing
- Creative Strategy: Develop and execute a creative strategy that aligns with promoting the zkSync network, accelerating growth of the ecosystem, emphasizing ZK tech and culture, user engagement, and brand consistency.
- Brand Development: Lead efforts to establish, maintain, and evolve zkSync brand identity, ensuring it remains fresh and competitive.
- Team Leadership: Manage and inspire a team of designers, illustrators, copywriters, and other creative professionals, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Campaign Development: Create and oversee the development of marketing campaigns, advertisements, and promotional materials, ensuring they are visually striking and on-message.
- UX/UI Design: Collaborate with product teams to enhance user experiences through cutting-edge design, making products both aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly.
- Creative Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that creative concepts are effectively integrated into various projects, product launches, and experiential activations.
- Trend Analysis: Stay up-to-date with design and technology trends to ensure that our creative output is in line with industry best practices and ZK Nation community.
- Budget Management: Manage the creative department budget efficiently, optimizing resources and maintaining financial responsibility.
What We Look For in You
- Proven experience as a Creative Director or in a similar creative leadership role within the tech industry.
- Exceptional design and artistic skills, with a strong portfolio showcasing a wide range of creative projects.
- Proficiency with industry-standard design software and tools.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and mentor a creative team.
- A deep understanding of digital design, UI/UX principles, and emerging technologies.
- An innovative mindset and a passion for pushing creative boundaries in a tech-driven environment.
- Project management skills and the ability to work within deadlines and budgets.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Fine Arts, or a related field (Master's preferred)
- Experience with tech product design or in the software industry
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia). While we’re currently not hiring in the US, we do consider US-based applicants willing to relocate.