Head Of Design
Marketing – Brand /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
As a senior member of the team your report directly into the CPO but you’ll set the vision and mission with your teams. You will use your skills and experience to guide your leadership team, inspire your org, and make a lasting impact in the wider business.
As we grow, bringing Design in house is a great opportunity to help grow a creative team that will support our brand, marketing and product visions. As Head of Design you will partner with experts in engineering, design, data, marketing, and research to help launch new products globally.
- Lead the direction of product design and brand inline with the wider company strategy
- Build a team of experienced designers, providing direction, pushing the quality of the work, and inspiring a healthy design culture
- Drive design discipline-wide conversations and create deliverables on how to improve process, operations, and tools
- Coach and develop the designers
- Grow and scale the team
- Enable and support the delivery of creative and high-impact design work
- Raise the standards of design across Matter Labs
- Work cross functionally across all our teams to support on creative and design support
- 8+ years experience designing in B2B, Tech or even better Crypto/ Blockchain
- Experience managing a diverse team including product designers, brand designers, researchers, writers, exhibiting ability to build, mentor, and motivate them
- A diverse portfolio of work that illustrates your ability to have impact and lead at the project level, product level, organization level, and company level.
- A highly experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty or ambiguity (e.g., new processes, teams, systems)
- Empathy to work with a diverse array of cross functional peers and stakeholders
- Resourcefulness, pragmatism and roll-up the sleeves mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.