People Operations Program Manager (Tech)
Operations – HR /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours – where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’ve raised a total of $458 million to help us achieve this mission from investors such as Blockchain Capital, Dragonfly Capital, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Variant, Andreessen Horowitz (“a16z”), and many more. This includes $200 million dedicated to an ecosystem fund coming from BitDAO.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter.
The People Ops Program Manager for our Technical teams is the intersection between the Tech and People Team – from manager effectiveness, employee engagement and retention, you are focused on ensuring we ship great people experiences every single day. You'll be an advocate of our core values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and leverage data to inform and guide great peoples decisions.
- Design and execute strategies and programs that excite and motivate top talent across our non-technical, business teams
- Be one of the first members of the people partner team, influencing how the role supports and delivers value to the organization
- Build relationships and coach managers and leaders on making great people decisions every day
- Provide expertise and support the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, Remote office norms, recognition programs, and strategic development
- Analyze data and provide recommendations to improve processes, employee engagement and policy alignment across the business
- Communication and Roll-Out of new policies
- Manager and Employee Training
- Own strategy and implementation of key people initiatives companywide, which may include; performance reviews, compensation strategy, engagement survey, remote work, company events, employer branding, or DEI initiatives
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, with 2+ years in a similar role within a People Team
- The ability to understand business priorities and translate them into a talent strategy that supports the business as it grows
- Experience supporting a 100+ headcount global and multicultural workforce
- An expert in building core People processes, policies, templates, and improvements
- Experience working with Technical teams
- A proactive, organized, resourceful and driven individual with a proven record of driving change
- A strong desire to help people, effectively manage conflicts, and build a great place to work
- Able to articulate information in easy-to-understand formats for multiple audiences
- Strong presentation, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound judgment calls independently
- Able to handle sensitive information in a discreet and careful manner
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.