Head Of Employee Experience
Operations – HR /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a zero-knowledge rollup (ZK-rollup) Ethereum Layer 2 scaling solution. Our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty. zkSync’s core technology – an EVM-compatible ZK-rollup – is designed to scale Ethereum without degrading its decentralization or security.
Across all hires at Matter Labs we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours – where we value freedom, an ownership mindset, and excellence.
We’ve raised a total of $458 million to help us achieve this mission from investors such as Blockchain Capital, Dragonfly Capital, LightSpeed Venture Partners, Variant, Andreessen Horowitz (“a16z”), and many more. This includes $200 million dedicated to an ecosystem fund coming from BitDAO.
We’re driven by our mission and guided by our values, the most fundamental of which is freedom. That’s why we’ve decided to release zkSync 2.0 under MIT Open Source at the Fair Onboarding Alpha milestone. Open-sourcing zkSync 2.0 will give the ecosystem the freedom to view, to modify, and to fork the code. This will be the first time a general-purpose ZK-rollup is fully open-sourced. For the latest updates check out our Twitter.
As an expert and trusted advisor in all things People, you will partner with the People Team Leader to design and implement new ways of working and cultivate an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute, grow, and feel valued. Your work will focus on attracting, developing, and retaining the team who will bring our mission to life. We’re looking for an experienced leader who is passionate about driving the work that establishes our employee experience strategy, scaling our people infrastructure, and crafting and delivering innovative programs that make the company a phenomenal place to work.
As our first Head Of Employee Experience your role will vary but include.
- Build a strong and impactful people focused team, one that will scale as we continue to grow from 100 to 200+ employees
- Continue to develop and maintain our values and culture as we scale, to promote and create an environment where our people are empowered to thrive including our Employer Branding Strategy
- Shape and drive a proactive diversity, equity and inclusion strategy
- Oversea and own all HR Policies, Documentation and Procedures
- Own all company employee updates and communications
- Be a trusted advisor to both managers and employees and provide leadership on all aspects of organizational effectiveness, including performance management, employee relations, compliance, total rewards, remote strategy, employee investigations etc.
- Use a data driven approach to develop all of our people practices, with a relentless focus on ensuring our employees are motivated and engaged
- Continue to develop and manage a holistic career progression and development framework as well as organisational design
- Establish and develop our overall compensation strategy and process
- Help us to create an remote environment where everyone can do their best work and achieve a healthy work/life balance
- 7+ years of people/human resources experience with 2+ years in a leadership capacity
- Experienced coach of leaders and managers in a diverse global and multicultural workforce
- An expert in best practices across people initiatives, including career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development
- Able to forecast needs based on company goals, strategies, and growth
- Strong collaborator, capable of maintaining working relationships across an organization; able to gain trust from teammates at all levels
- Able to thrive in a rapidly-growing environment while maintaining integrity, confidentiality, and composure
- Confident, clear, and professional communication skills
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and stock options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to work from one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
When working at Matter Labs, it is critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and excellence) align. Building a globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from a range of backgrounds. We welcome applicants across the spectrum of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.