Developer Relations Engineer
Product – Partner Experience /
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
As a Developer Relations Engineer you will play a critical role in supporting the product roll out and Product/Developer Support we will offer.
We're looking for engineers who can win the hearts and minds of developer and crypto communities by delivering value through developer relations, developer tools, and technical support on our platform and rapid ecosystem growth. You must be a deeply technical storyteller who enjoys connecting with other technical practitioners and influencers and helping them elevate their craft.
- Create and execute plans and processes to improve developer experience, including but not limited to:
- Supporting scaling and curating developer tools
- Unblocking developers facing technical questions and issues
- Pushing out content targeted towards platform developers, including technical blog posts on new features, platform design, issues, and upgrades
- Engaging our developer community on Twitter, Discord, Discourse, Stackoverflow, and Github
- Supporting our courses and educational materials
- Improving and maintaining documentation so it’s accessible to developers at all levels
- Lead a voice of the customer program to ensure we bring feedback from technical customers back into our product roadmap
- Cooperate with marketing and business development leads to improve developer-facing product positioning and communications
- 5+ years of experience in a direct, hands-on technical community or end-user focused role such as developer relations, developer advocacy, engineering support and technical support
- Or 5+ years of experience as a software developer or engineer
- Proven experience of supporting a technical community where you were a key factor in driving measurable positive outcomes
- An established presence online as a thinker & leader in this space is a massive plus but not required
- Crypto experience, especially knowledge of Ethereum & L2s is a plus
- Have a strong vision for where the industry is going, and stay on top of new technologies and stacks
- Deep familiarity building developer portals and roadmap activity
- Excellent communication skills as a strong technical writer
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.