Developer Success Engineer
Product – Product /
Before you read the details of this role, there’s something you should know. At Matter Labs, we don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a highly aligned global team on a single mission: to accelerate the mass adoption of crypto for personal sovereignty.
Our core technology – zkSync Era – is a layer 2 rollup that uses advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum without compromising on security or decentralization. zkSync Era is EVM compatible, which means projects on Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains can easily deploy on zkSync Era to take advantage of low gas fees and high transaction speeds.
With a total of $458 million in mission-driven funding, zkSync Era is the first EVM-compatible ZK Rollup to go live on testnet (February 2022) and be deployed on mainnet (October 2022). As we enter the endgame for Ethereum scaling, we are committed to full open source and building in public toward our stated mission [so that even if we fail, the community and the ecosystem will benefit from our contribution].
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
We're looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Developer Success Engineer to help grow our ecosystem of third-party developers, projects, and companies that leverage zkSync infrastructure for their businesses by unblocking developers facing technical questions and issues.
In this role, you will partner with developer relations, engineering, and product management to triage, debug, reproduce, and answer questions from the developer community. If necessary, you will route questions to the engineering team.
What You'll Be Doing
- Support experience with the developer community with empathy
- Take developer tickets, reply to the developer community, debug and replicate issues, and do general problem-solving
- Triage problems to solve or escalate issues to the engineering team
- Prioritize and take the bird’s eye view from all the tickets and surface the most important ones
- Provide technical advice to developers on best practices for integrating our tools
- Engage customers for feedback to help shape product development
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise from the developer and diagnose any blockers
- Design and improve support processes in collaboration with support and dev teams (change management, incident management, on-call, etc).Participate in the on-call rotation for critical system alerts
- Interact with Documentation and Developer Relations team to update existing technical collateral based on developer questions
- Provide feedback and insights to engineering, developer relations, and product teams on developer community technical issues or suggested features
- Create video content if necessary to highlight solutions
What We Look For in You
- 5+ years experience in a direct hands-on technical role with coding experience, such as engineering support, technical support, developer relations, or software developer experience
- Proven experience in supporting a technical community where you were a key factor in driving measurable positive outcomes
- Proven record of helping answer developer community questions highlighted by stack overflow, stack exchange, GitHub pull requests, Discord links, Reddit, or any comparable developer-focused platform
- Experience in answering technical questions from the developer community
- Passion for helping others regardless of who they are or how they act
- Seek to understand first, lead with data, and rely on facts
- Quick learner and relentlessly inquisitive
- Passionate and familiar with dApp developers, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology
- Strong communication in English and proven ability to efficiently work with remote teams
- Excellent communication skills as a strong technical writer
- Ownership mentality and proactive approach to problem-solving
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in web3 or blockchain companies/projects
- An established presence online as a thinker and leader in this space is a massive plus
- Crypto experience, especially knowledge of Ethereum & L2s
- Experience working with Linear or any ticket management system
- Experience with TypeScript, Python, GoLang, Java, Rust, or willingness to learn
- Experience with Vyper programming language or willingness to learn
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from different countries, cultures, ethnical and religious backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture of freedom and ownership to persist as we scale and to establish the base for a positive-sum community as we move toward full decentralization.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to get back to you as soon as possible.